Bucky: Chapter 7 (little bit of fluff)

Bucky nervously stood at the door waiting for a response. He waited a solid 15 seconds when he heard a tripping noise, and then a thump onto the floor.
"I'm okay!" Steve shouted. Bucky smirked a little and then remained standing and waiting at the door. All of a sudden Steve opened up the door with his left hand, and with his right he pushed his hair that was falling in his face back into place.
"Hey, bud." He said with a nervous smile. Bucky looked at him and did a childish grin.
"Hey." Steve dropped his hand from the door and embraced Bucky in a huge hug, which Bucky reciprocated back at him. After a few moments, they both let go.
"Oh, excuse my manners, come in," Steve moved his arm making a path for Bucky to walk through the door.
"Haha, it smells like something familiar in here," Bucky joked. He walked forward down the hall and peered into the kitchen. Sure enough, a display of a delicious course was laid out in front of him. Steve began to speak once more.
"I'll lead you to your room if you want me to. It's down the hall and up the stairs from mine." He led Bucky to his room and left him to be alone for a moment. "Just come back out when you're ready to eat." He smiled then shut the door and walked off. Bucky walked over to his king sized bed and sat on the memory foam. He looked and walked around his new room. He had things he didn't even need, like a desk and a television that hung on the wall, seats in the corner, and lights strung all over the room.
Why does this room look like a teenage girl lives here? Bucky chuckled at the thought. He laid down and sank into his bed and stared at the illuminated ceiling. He forced himself to get up from the bed and look in the mirror by the closet. He wore some clothes that T'Challa had picked out for him. They were nice and were up to date in fashion, or at least Wakandan fashion. He looked classy. The red and blue suited him. He walked out of his room and shut the door behind him. Steve was sitting at one of the dining table chairs when he looked up and spoke, "Are you ready for the best chowder known to man?" He sat up and got servings for him and his friend. Bucky walked over to the table and sat at one of the captains chairs at the end. Steve brought over the food and sat at the other captain's chair. They enjoyed their food whilst talking and joking around like old times. They chuckled at some moments, went silent, and continued to speak. They both adored it. Bucky stood up and picked up his bowl.
"I'll be back," he said. He walked off over the sink to rinse off his dish. Steve then stood up and followed him with his empty bowl as well. He stood next to Bucky as he washed his dish. He leaned on the counter and looked at his friend.
"Huh, that was nice." He finally said.
"It was," Bucky looked up at Steve, then back down. He turned off the faucet and dried his hands.
"Thanks for the food buddy, that was just like Sar- I mean your mom's." He chuckled then walked back off to his room. As he entered his room, he closed the door and walked over to his bag and unpacked his few belongings. He placed his journal with all his findings inside of one of the nightstands by his bed. He placed his clothes in the closet and made his room feel more like his own. He then got ready for bed and changed his clothes and brushed his teeth. After he was done, he walked back out into the hallways and then shuffled over to the dining table where Steve was fiddling with his thumbs and looked up.
"Goodnight," Bucky finally said. "Thank you for doing all this."
Steve looked relaxed, but almost a little confused. "Of course I would do this, you're my best friend." Bucky smiled then walked off back to his room. He shut off the ceiling lights but left a small wall light on just so he could see. He laid down and sank into his bed. He placed his hand over his chest and felt his heart beating slightly faster than normal.