Steve: Chapter 32

About 20 minutes later, Steve and Bucky were at the entrance of the palace walking out of the jet. They were greeted by the King, of course, Shuri, and the Dora Milaje.
"Welcome back, the both of you," T'Challa said, holding out his hand.
"It's good to be back," Steve replied.
"Shuri!" Bucky walked up to her and gave her a tight hug. "It's great to see you, again."
"It's good to see you again as well, Bucky," she smiled. They both let go from the hug. "How have the both of you been?" Steve wrapped his hand around Bucky's waist.
     "Well, as good as we can get." They all chuckled.
     "Here," T'Challa said. "I don't believe you've met the general of our warriors yet, Captain." Okoye walked in between Shuri and T'Challa, her vibranium spear shining brightly in the sun.
     "It's nice to meet you," she bowed.
     "The pleasure's all mine."
     "Well," Shuri started. "I'm sure the both of you would like to get settled since it's a bit late. I've fixed up your place since you've last been here, Bucky. Hopefully you'll still find it as comfortable as before." She winked. "I've also made sure that it's stocked up with food so you both won't have to make a voyage here every time you want something." She chuckled. "There's a ride waiting for you both on the south side of the palace." Steve and Bucky both looked at each other and smiled, then looked back at the three of them.
     "Thank you for your hospitality," Steve said with gratitude. "It's very kind."
     "Of course." T'Challa shook both their hands goodbye, but as they began to walk away, Shuri stopped them.
     "I almost forgot!" She run up in between the two. "Here are your Kimoyo beads if you need to contact us. Barnes here can show you how to use them, Captain." They both slipped the beaded bracelets onto their wrists, then continued on over to their ride.
     Before they knew it, they had made it to Bucky's former home, about 30 minutes away from the palace and in the countryside of Wakanda.
     "This is where you lived?"
     "Yup," Bucky smiled. "I love it here." A lake had its place right beside the edge of the forest, maybe 50 feet away from the house. As they walked up to the door, Bucky placed his hand right above the doorknob, a white line appearing on the door, moving up and down to scan his hand, and suddenly the door opened.
     "What the hell...," Steve said quietly. Bucky inhaled the air as they walked in, breathing in the scent of old incense. Bucky guided Steve to the bedroom to set down both of their sets of bags.
     "That's a bathroom-," Bucky pointed across the room, then moved his hand to point on the opposite side of the wall. "-and that's the closet. You can start putting your stuff in there if you want. I'm gonna freshen up." Steve nodded. He opened up the closet door, letting himself in. There was many empty hangers, a few robes hung up in the corner. He walked over to them, sliding his fingers over the fabric and smiling. This must be what he wore here. He walked back over to his bags to unpack and begin to hang the both of their clothes.
     A few hours later, after they were fully settled and unpacked, Steve met Bucky outside to bring a cup of tea to him.
     "I made this for you," he said, handing the mug to him.
     "Thanks, Stevie." He took a sip as Steve sat down beside him, then rested his head onto his shoulder. "Love you."
     "Love you, too." There was a momentary silence as they watched the lake in front of them. "This is beautiful."
     "Yeah... it is." He took another sip. "I was thinking that we could maybe just spend the day on the lake tomorrow. There should still be an old rowboat around here somewh-," Steve interrupted him with a kiss.
      "I would love that." Bucky had a giddy smile once their lips parted.
      "I can't wait."