Steve: Chapter 8 (fluff)

If only that night had ended so peacefully like he thought it would.

Steve woke up the first time from being so parched. He got up and got water, then fell back asleep. The second time was much more eventful. He woke up to the disturbing noise of  his friend screaming from up the stairs. He threw his blanket across his room and shot upward from his bed. He sprinted up the hallway and flung the door open. Bucky was sitting upwards staring at the ceiling with sweat dripping down from his forehead. He looked extremely distressed.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you... please, don't get mad."
Steve looked confused. "Why the hell would I be mad?" He sat down on the other side of the bed and hugged Bucky.
"It's alright," he whispered quietly. They both let go of the hug and Steve left the room. He walked back down to his room and fell back asleep.

One hour later it happened again. Steve shot back up from his bed and ran back to Bucky's room. This time Bucky's face was buried in his hands. Bucky made out some muffled words.
"It just won't stop, i-it keeps re-replaying..." he began to hyperventilate and Steve speed walked over to Bucky's bed and placed a hand on Bucky's shoulder.
"It's gonna be okay, pal." Steve stayed for about 10 minutes and then went back to his bedroom and resumed his sleep.

At this point Steve was so exhausted that he felt like a parent of a newborn baby. Every time he heard Bucky whimper or creak on his bed, he woke up. After waking up around 5 or 6 times, he just got up and walked back over to Bucky's room. He slowly opened the door. He was alarmed to see Bucky on his bed with half of his blanket off, whimpering and twitching in his sleeping.
"Ugh... NO!" Bucky jolted upwards and was scared by Steve.
"Oh my god I'm sorry, I didn't mean to alarm you," Steve said.
"Well this is embarrassing... I'm sorry, I'm going to go back to sle-"
Steve interrupted Bucky. "Just get up and follow me. Take your shirt off while you're at it, I don't want my sheets getting dirty again. I just washed them." Bucky took his shirt off and shivered. He began to follow Steve to his room. When they finally got there, Steve spoke again,"I'll sleep on this side, okay?"
"Okay." They both laid down and Steve placed a hand on Bucky's chest as they were relaxing. "I'm here, don't worry." Steve's warm hand sent goosebumps down Bucky's cold and soft body.
Bucky finally dozed off into a slumber and was fine. Steve finally got to sleep as well.