Bucky: Chapter 16

Bucky told his lawyer, Amelia, everything. How he got into the military, when he was drafted, when he got experimented on, captured, and everything in between up until present day. He spared a few more recent details...
Amelia took notes and Steve, Nat, and Tony watched the whole thing unfold through a 42" screen. After they watched for nearly 3 hours, Nat walked out to leave and go back to the Avengers HQ.
"Don't tell anyone I let you watch this discussion, only the people making sure he was under control were supposed to see it." She exited the room.
Back where Bucky and Amelia were, Bucky finished up the last few details of what happened during Civil War. She wrote down her final word and placed her pen on the table. She looked at her watch.
"Alright, I scheduled to come back here around 4:30 tomorrow. I'll see you then." She walked out of the room and left. Tony walked into the room.
"If you're here to attack me, I suggest you don't." Bucky said.
"As much as I'd love to," he said sarcastically. "I'm just here to talk."
Tony sat where Amelia had just been.
"I get it now. I had a lot of time to think about what happened to you and... I'm ready to forgive you because I know what happened wasn't under your control. I will forgive you, but I'm not going to forget what happened. It's always going to be in the back of my mind, which I myself can't control, but I'm not going to let what happened get in the way of the Avengers forming again. I expect you to do the same."
Bucky was fairly speechless. He had expected him to just come in and tell him how worthless and disgusting of a human being he was, but instead he spoke with a lick of compassion, which made him feel better.
"For what it's worth, I'm hoping they let you off the hook, as does everyone else in the Avengers."
Bucky looked almost slightly confused, nobody had shown him empathy for years, except for Steve, of course.
"I appreciate that. Thank you."
Tony stood up.
"I'd like to stay longer to you know, talk, but I can't. I have to do a board meeting and explain to the UN why half of the Avengers aren't considered criminals anymore."
Tony left the room and Bucky was left alone again, sitting in isolation. He sat there for about 25 minutes until some UN members came in and guided him to a solitary room with cameras, which apparently was where he would be staying. Steve, or anyone else for that matter, couldn't visit him, except for Amelia.

He stayed there for a few days. Amelia would come in everyday and they would practice the procedures that they would have to go through in the courtroom, and she asked him questions that he may possibly be asked. Soon enough, the day came where they had to go to court. It was time for him to prove his innocence.