Bucky: Chapter 21 (fluff)

"I was thinking we could go for a walk." Bucky said as him and Steve ate lunch. Steve placed his fork down and tilted his head. Bucky noticed that that was one of his habits when he was about to answer or ask a question.
"I suppose we could." He and Bucky both stood up to wash their dishes and get into the shower. As Steve tried to wash his hair, Bucky wrapped his hands around Steve's torso and kissed his neck from behind.
"Ah come on, Buck, I'm trying to do something." Bucky continued then paused for a second to say something.
"So am I." He sucked on his neck and jaw and pushed him closer. Steve couldn't resist and he turned around and gave a kiss to Bucky.
"There you go, now I wanna actually take a shower."
"Alright..." Bucky whined. After they cleaned up and put clothes on, they left their apartment and walked through the streets to get downtown. As they were walking, Bucky wrapped his fingers around Steve's. Steve looked at Bucky and smiled. They both noticed that a lot of the buildings in the places they one knew had been remodeled or completely destroyed. As they searched for something, anything, that they found familiar, they saw an old candy store that they used to go to when they were kids.
"Buck, look!" He pointed towards the store.
"Let's go check it out." They walked across the street and entered through the glass door into the establishment. As soon as they both walked in, a cloud of sweet aroma surrounded them. They bought their favorite treats from when they were kids: fairy floss and 3 Musketeers. As they walked down the street, Bucky asked Steve a question.
"Steve, did you ever... find out what happened to my sisters and brother?" Steve had to think about it.
"Well, after you pulled me from the river and Sam and I were searching for you, we tried finding anything that had a link to your past, and so we looked for your siblings, but... they all had passed alway before we could even speak to them." Bucky furrowed his brows and stared at the cement as they walked.
"I'm just happy they got to live long and have each other." He paused and looked up at Steve.
"I'm happy I have you."
"I'm happy I have you, too." They walked the rest of the way home in silence. As they walked into the apartment and Steve locked the door, Bucky walked over to the couch to sit and think. He did that a lot: just sitting and thinking. He was fairly comfortable since that morning the majority of their furniture had come in and the couch was brand new. He laid there for around 20 minutes, then slumped over and fell asleep. Steve wished that he would've fallen asleep on their bed so he could lay down with him, but he didn't want to bother Bucky and wake him up to move.

Bucky slept for a couple hours and by the time he got up, it was already starting to get a little bit dark. He looked up and saw that Steve had fallen asleep on the chair parallel to the couch, slumped over. He walked over to their room and tried to motivate himself to unpack some more stuff before he wanted to go to bed again. As he was unpacking his things, some of Steve's stuff was mixed in, and he stumbled upon his sketchbook. He looked around and then began to flip through the drawings. They were beautiful. There were sketches of flowers, trees, people, and once he got towards the end of the finished drawings, he stumbled across an old sketch of him sleeping. He was surprised at first since he didn't expect to see a sketch of himself in there, but it was sweet also. He realized that the sketch was actually from a night when they were back at a camp in '43. Steve was getting special treatment since he was "Captain America" and he got a tent all to himself. He remembered how Steve didn't want to let him sleep in a tent with a bunch of random guys, so he always had him sleep in his tent. They laughed and drank that night, talking about the world and what their futures would hold. It was a bittersweet memory, reminding him of the fun that happened, but also how wrong they were about what they thought their futures would be like. He looked at the sketch for another minute or so, then put the sketchbook back in the box, continuing to unpack his things.