Steve: Chapter 6

Steve was laying on the couch, staring at the ceiling. He wondered what the near future would hold. He didn't know when Bucky was going to arrive, or even how he was going to get to the facility. He knew that he would arrive sometime that night, though. However, he was ready to see his best friend again, and he was really excited about it too. He was aware Bucky had been living in Wakanda after the surgery. He was happy to let Bucky have some space while he recouped from the surgery. As he lounged around his new home, he walked around and tried to figure out how to make Bucky feel more at home. They didn't have much furniture other than what a standard home has, so it's not like he could really set up the house like how they had their apartment back when they were in the 40s. He brainstormed for a good ten minutes before he came to the conclusion that he could do something simple, but meaningful. A meal that Steve's Mom used to make when they were kids. As he had his realization, he swiftly walked over to the kitchen and looked for all the ingredients that he needed. After Nick had fled to Europe after the whole D.C. incident, he kept in touch with the Avengers and made sure they were taken care of. After Civil War, he made it his top priority to keep Team Cap safe. He sided with them. He never really truly got along with Tony completely anyways. Anyhow, he began to shuffle through the fridge and pantry, finding miscellaneous useless items. The delivery people Fury always sent bought the most random things. However, they did have everything that Steve needed. Milk, potatoes, corn, peppers, chicken broth and seasonings. Perfect ingredients for the perfect potato chowder. Steve began to make the dish, determined that he would make it correctly. He crafted the dish spectacularly. It looked and tasted delicious, but he resisted the urge to eat until Bucky came over. He waited what felt like years but was just an hour and a half, making it about 7:30 at night when he heard a light knock on his door.