CHAPTER IV- I CAN'T RISK IT! (Updated)

Shout out to Akina17 AribaFatina tolanni for voting

Xander's POV

I was what you call restless and anxious and what not. I know I've hurt my mate pretty bad and it's eating me alive knowing that I was the one behind her tears. Her beautiful face was tear stricken because of me. I'm starting to hate myself for doing this to her.

I remember following the amazing scent of my mate all through the hall and finally coming to see that a stupid pathetic Alpha was touching my mate inappropriately. I could see her discomfort and anger. I thought they were together at first but her face confirmed that they are anything but.

I don't know what came over me and everything I saw was red and started to beat the shit out of that asshole. But the sweet melodic voice of my mate stopped me. Moreover her fearful eyes stopped me. I didn't want her to see me as a monster, as a beast, like any other werewolf.

My wolf was possessive moreover it was me. I didn't want to see her with any male. I can't let anyone touch her.

I know she vowed that she is mine to be with forever. And the kiss, it was incredible. I know I kissed her without her consent but she kissed me back. It was perfect. I felt that sparks, the electricity running around us, binding us. Screaming that we are meant to be together and I couldn't be happier. I know it sounds corny to my own ears but that's how I felt it.

Then when I heard howls of appreciation and cheers that I've found my mate, my Luna, my Queen realisation hit me like a ton of bricks.

It took me almost seven years to find her. Seven years isn't a short time. I have always wanted, no scratch that. I needed her beside me. But I can't let her come to me. I can't let what happened with my family happen to us. I can't lose her.

I have more enemies than friends. And I know everyone of them is power hungry and they were waiting for this. Waiting for me to find a mate so that they can use her against me. To torture her to depths just to see me get crumpled in pain. Just to weaken me for their pleasure. I know many of these power hungry vultures hide behind the facade of friends.

But I know better. And my parent's death or you could say murder has taught me better. I can't trust anyone. And that's why I've laid a rule. If anyone is found as a traitor. His tail is to be cut off and he is to be executed. I don't care.

I kill them mercilessly. And that's why I'm called a Beast.

And I can't let my mate see me like this. Like a Beast. I've heard about her a lot of times before I met her. About how being a female she still rules the pack with much effort and care. She is loved by the pack and she is honored.

I never met her though until the meeting. I've avoided the Balls held for mates because I didn't want to meet my mate. I didn't want to risk her life just because Moon decided to mate her with me.

But it was inevitable. She found me.

Oh how her name sounded to my own ears was a tug at my heart. Shailene. A beautiful name. She is so beautiful and no one can be compared to her beauty.