CHAPTER XXXIII- WHAT POWERS? (Updated)

As soon as the door opened, involved a beautiful woman with  long hair and a beautiful smile plastered on her face. She had beautiful features and the black tailored suit she was wearing complimented her. I immediately began to feel nervous under the scrutinizing gaze of the woman, whom Xander called his grandmother.

I followed Xander to where he was going to hug his grandmother as a greeting and I followed suit even though I felt nervous of what she might think of me. I had so many questions going in my mind thinking whether she is going to approve of me as his mate. She had beautiful black eyes with long black hair which she chose to leave open. All the while Xander was comforting me but still I felt nervous.

"Hello Alex, how are you?" She said with a beautiful smile on her face and her voice felt comforting to me and it had a soothing effect to it. However I didn't miss the fact that she called my mate Alex.

"I'm good. How are you?" He asked with a small smile on his face and I just stood there watching both of them. Xander had the same color of eyes as that of his grandmother but I felt Xander's  were much more beautiful and captivating than her.

"I'm much better now that I've seen my grandson after so many ages and I've finally heaved a sigh of relief that you've got a very beautiful Luna by your side." The last part she said finally looking at me. Xander was by my side now and he entwined our hands.

"Hello my dear, I'm Rachel Meyers." She said and extended her hand towards me. I met her hand halfway and with a small smile introduced myself.

"Hello Ms. Meyers. I'm Shailene Wolfe." She pulled me in for an immediate hug and I was shocked at first but I immediately composed myself when I felt how warm she felt. It felt as if I was hugging my mother.

She let me go and gave me a huge bright smile and I couldn't help but smile back.

"You've got a really beautiful mate Xander. I'm so happy for you." She kissed my cheek and I blushed at her.

We sat down on the couch with Xander beside me and grandmother facing us. The atmosphere was calm right now and my mind was swarming with million thoughts. Xander had the same thing going in his head about what his grandmother wants to talk about. So instead of asking each other the same question we just squeezed each other for comfort and to brace ourselves with what grandmother wants to say to us.

"As much as I want to squeal in happiness and rant about how happy I am to meet you both. I've to get down to some really serious business."

"Xander's mother was a witch and a powerful one. She was the next in line to throne but before she was crowned Aurora met Xander's father, Bruce. It was impossible or you could say very rare to be mated with different species.

Bruce and Aurora kept their secret of being mates for sometime to sort off the tensions between us Witches and Werewolves. After Bruce was crowned the King of Werewolf world, he signed some treaties and made allies with Witches. Aurora was about to be crowned the Queen but she refused to accept the crown. And her sister, my daughter Kayla was in the next line.

Bruce announced that Aurora was his mate. Although there were some revolts but things settled down when Xander was born. Both the worlds were happy.

Aurora and Bruce knew that Xander was the child from prophecy so he had to be protected." I looked at Xander to find he was calm yet he was deep in thoughts.

"What's the prophecy?" I asked her.

"It's not needed right now. But what's important is that you both are the only creatures in this world with the biggest power and only you both can save this world from crumpling down.

Xander you inherited your powers from your mother and your strength and power of a great King runs in your blood. You're a black Wolf. And Shailene dear, you're a black wolf as well with Powers gifted to you by the moon herself. Once in a century two black wolves are born to be mates.

When you're mated you both will be gifted with super powers. Just remember everything will be revealed in the mean time to you."

"What powers?" Xander asked.

"In the meantime you'll know about it." She answered her.

"How many full moons has it been since you both met?" She asked us.

"Two." Xander replied.

"You know she'll be going into heat soon if the mating process is not completed." Realisation hit me like a ton of bricks. I almost forgot that she's right. Before any of could react about how less time it is before I'm hit with my first heat, grandmother got up and hugged both of us and left.

I was left shell shocked and couldn't react what to do next.

I felt sparks on my shoulders when Xander put his hands on me. I looked up to meet his eyes to find his eyes showed several emotions.

"Don't worry love. We'll find something to help you ease the pain during your heat."

"What are you saying?" 

"I know you're not ready yet and I won't force you into it unless you're ready."

"I a-". He silenced me.

"You don't have to say anything love. You wanted to meet your brother right?"

"Yes."

"Let's go tomorrow early morning and we can be back earlier." A big smile crept on my face as soon as he said those words and I squealed in delight. I jumped into his arms and he just chuckled at my antics and pulled me in a for a long sweet kiss. However I felt that he was holding back something. He pulled away too quickly and gave me a small smile.

"Get done with your packing. I'll join you after I'm done with work." I bid him goodbye and went off to do my packing and stuff.

Bella said that she won't be alone as her parents are going to visit her to keep her company and meet little Bryant. I was happy to finally meet my parents after such a long time. I was excited in meeting Ryan's mate as well.

But still my thoughts drifted towards Xander. I wanted to say to him that I was ready and there's nothing holding me back. But he cut me off mid sentence. And I can't even reach him now as he has shut off the link. He never does that unless it's very important.

I have to say that to him that I'm ready completely. When I was done with packing I started to make my way towards the office of Xander only to find he was gone. I followed his scent outside to find he has shifted. I shifted into my black wolf and started to make my way towards where his scent lead me to.

Few wolves who are assigned to guard me followed me even though I denied them to follow me. But they stated that Xander would punish them severely if they didn't follow his orders. I let them follow me but asked them to maintain a good amount of distance so that I can have my mind to myself.

After sometime I found Xander in his wolf form near the lake sitting all alone. As I stepped another foot towards him, he turned his head towards me and started to make his way towards me. I met him halfway and let my wolf take control.

Both of us played with us for a while and I felt him opening up to me.

"I love you." I said to him as he nuzzled his head towards my neck to sniff my scent

"I love you too, love."

Love love love ya all....

Luna

28-01-2018