CHAPTER XX- SHE'S BACK (Updated)

Xander's POV

It's been three days since I have been on this trip. The meetings were going well and I personally looked around the pack borders to check the security.

These numerous rogue sightings are causing chaos in packs and I had to step down to look into it.

I was back in my hotel thinking about my mate. I didn't get a chance to talk to her since three days and it was enough to make me want to rip anyone.

I was speechless when she crawled onto my bed the other night. I felt my heart swell up with happiness and proudness. She really does want to be with me.

I heard my cellphone ringing and found that it was Rob who was calling me.

"Hello."

"Hello, Lord Alpha. There's something I have to inform you about." He urgently.

"What is it?" I asked now my attention totally on what he was going to say.

"You have to be back here, we found a dead body on the pack border and there's a message for you."

"Dead body? Was he from our pack?" I asked with slight agitation.

"He was our pack member and one of the warriors."

"I'll be back within a few hours. Don't inform anyone about my arrival."

"As you say Lord." I threw my phone on the bed and called out to Nathan.

"What is it Xander?" He asked me with panic stricken face.

"There's a body found of one of our warriors in the pack borders. Gamma said there's a message for me. We need to leave. Get ready in ten. Inform the others."

*****

We were ten minutes away from the castle. The sun was already set and my thoughts were towards Shailene. I missed her terribly and as soon as I'm done with the work I'll head on to her.

I refrained everyone from informing about my arrival because I wanted to surprise her. I looked at the moon and found that tomorrow its going to be full moon.

"Lord we arrived." My driver informed me and I got out of the car to come face to face with my Gamma. His face was tensed slightly and I was immediately on the guard.

"Where's the body?"

"Near the cellars."

"Lead me to it. And Beta send the head warriors to look after the security as soon as possible. And join me back." I said to them.

I followed Rob and we reached the cellars. I could sense the horrid stench of the dead body.

Rob opened the door and we saw a dead body of a man. Someone murdered him removing out his heart. There was big gaping hole in his chest. He had claw marks all over his naked body. He fought bravely, I could sense it.

"What's the message?" I asked my Gamma.

He uncovered the torso of the dead man by removing the cloth that covered his torso. My eyes blazed with anger.