CHAPTER XVI- I DO (Updated)

Xander's POV

The past week went horrible and painful. I tried busying myself with works and meetings. I knew I hurt her major time. But I can't do anything about it.

Even Nathan wouldn't talk to me saying that I was being a douche bag with my mate. Bella hit me hard for letting my mate go away.

She insists that I have to take a step forward and it would get more painful staying away from your mate with each passing time. And I agree with her. Because I literally feel drained of energy and I bet Shailene feels the same though.

I see her from my window daily early in the morning when she trains. I could see her projecting her emotional stress into her fights with fellow trainers. And I can also see those hungry males eyeing her.

"Everyone's here. You gotta announce the positions soon." Nathan said to me.

I nodded. Bella and Shailene were few feet away from me talking to each other. I can hear Bella's thoughts about seeing Shailene hurt and her mentally cursing me. But she knows my pain as well. She knows it that it's hard for me to let Shailene in when I know about the dangers that prevail.

I went to stand on the podium with a microphone in my hand. Everyone had their attention to me. Robert, my Gamma was few feet left to me. He was a good man and I'm glad that he's going to be the Gamma.

"Welcome everyone to
the official announcement of Gamma and Luna of the Royal Blood pack and your kingdom." My voice boomed and everyone cheered.

"Robert Jr. Bellator, son of Robert Sr. Bellator has completed his training as the Gamma. And he is ready to rule the Warrior Bloods. He was trained by the best warriors out there and he has secured all the ranks to make him superior than anyone out there." Cheers erupted and I could hear Robert's thoughts. He was feeling elated and proud that he is respected.

"I welcome Robert Bellator here to make the official announcement." Robert walked in his warrior dress. He had swords on both his sides. His face was calm and serene unlike the young boy I knew when he was fifteen. He was very funny and a charming kid.

All my other head warriors who would be now under Robert also walked in and stood behind him. One of the warrior handed me the crown. And I took it from his hand as Robert bent on his right knee as he removed both of his swords from his side and placed on the ground.

I placed the crown on his head.

"I now pronounce Robert Bellator as the official Gamma and the ruler of the warriors." I announced and I heard cheers all over me. I was given the sword which belonged to the ancestors of our kingdom and tapped both his shoulders with it and placed it in his hand.

He stood up and bowed to me and Nathan standing next to me and raised his sword in the air. All the other warriors present in the crowd raised their swords as well as they welcome their Ruler.

"Now I'm going to welcome Shailene Wolfe daughter of Abraham Wolfe and the former Luna of Crystal Pack." I announced and looked at my beautiful mate. She was breath takingly beautiful. Her beautiful bright blue eyes held a small bit of nervousness but apart from that she was happy and smiling.

She walked in and she slightly bowed in courtesy as I kissed her outstretched hand formally. I could feel the sparks and I remembered those kisses I shared with her during my visit in her pack. I yearned to kiss her again.

A lady walked in with a knife placed in a platter.

"Do you Shailene Wolfe, daughter of Abraham Wolfe and Lily Wolfe accept to be the member of  Royal Blood pack?" I asked her still gazing at her stunning face.

"I do." She said in her soft melodic voice.

"Do you vow to look after this pack as your own and never stand back down when your pack is in need?"

"Yes, I do."

"Do you accept me, Xander King son of Bruce King and Aurora King as your mate?" I said as my voice faltered as I said the names of my parents. Those horrific images of that night flashing in my mind making me go weak.

"I Shailene Wolfe, daughter of Abraham Wolfe and Lily Wolfe accept  you Xander King, son of Bruce King and Aurora King as my mate." She said with confidence. And something felt right at this moment. My wolf was back again. I felt change of energy in me and I think she felt the same as her eyes were widened. I heard claps and cheers all over me.

She officially accepted me. Not just by words but with her heart. That's why we felt this change of energy.

I felt my heart beating faster with realisation that even though I hurt her, she really did accept me. A small tear slipped my eye as I looked at her. I turned away before she could see me. But I think she really did see my tear because she took my hand in hers and squeezed.

I smiled at her, a real smile. A happy smile. My parents would have been so proud at my beautiful mate.

"I, Xander King son of Bruce and Aurora King accept you Shailene Wolfe, daughter of Abraham and Lily Wolfe as my mate and as my Luna." I announced and once again we were hit by the force but this time it was much stronger. Our wolves have connected now, for the first time.

"Welcome Shailene Wolfe as your Luna." I boomed with a smile on my face. Shailene seemed shock but she smiled nonetheless as tears streamed down her face.

I took her in my arms and my eyes went to her stained red lips. I looked into her eyes to seek her permission and she nodded.

I slowly placed my lips and sparks were present. Her lips were soft and tasted like strawberries. I smiled within kisses as we heard wolf whistles and howls all around us. I didn't care about the audience. All I care about is her and only her.

And this time I'm going to give her a chance. Give us a chance. Because no matter what, like she said earlier I belong to her. And one or the day I will go to her. So, why not? After all I'm her Dark Beast.

Unedited chap!

How's this chapter?

Did you like his POV?

And we reached 2.8k reads!!!!!
I'm freaking dancing all over.

And the Robert guy is surely going to turn some heat. ;-)

Wait for next update!
Until then Ciao~

Date: 22 Oct 2k17

And when I reach 3k I'll give shout out to 15 peeps!!!!!! Yesss fifteen.