CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN : KAYLA AND AURORA

Xander's POV

"Red moon day was the day my parents got killed brutally and so mercilessly. The true leaders of the pack and Werewolf Kingdom and also the Witches world were killed." I began imagining the gruesome images of my past. I had to control my urges of tearing down everything because Rachel warned me. I had a huge lump in my throat as the images of my parents face during their last minutes passed infront of my eyes. Lene squeezed my hand to show me support. And it did help me ease off a little.

"Kayla Meyers was the eldest daughter of mine born just a few minutes before Aurora." Rachel continued instead of me and I thanked her since it was getting a little difficult for me to do so.

"I was the Crowned Queen of the Witch world and I was having the time of my life in my initial decades with my husband. However when my daughters were born there was a war brewing up between the species. Witches started getting hungrier for power. They wanted to make use of dark magic. It was dangerous.

Dark magic if used in excess can be fatal or can even make a sane good witch go psychotic. My husband and I wanted to save our world and live in harmony. We brought up our daughters teaching them the good and bad side of the world. By the age of sixteen we let them knew how to stay away from dak magic and only use magic for the goods of others.

Kayla had always been intrigued with the dark magic. Often times me and my husband Louis found her in library trying to read the forbidden books of dark magic. She often questioned us why don't we rely on dark magic as it makes us powerful and can easily throw other species to extinction. She kind off loathed other species. But I didn't pay much attention to it since she was always angry that witches were getting killed in wars and fights. She wanted the Witch World to be powerful. She was only young then.

Kayla and Aurora were treated equally. We loved our daughters equally. But Kayla used to envy how Aurora was carefree and could easily get along with other species.

Aurora used to attend schools where all kinds of species were made to go. The law was passed by The Elders to maintain harmony. She used to easily get along with other species while Kayla didn't. She hated going there. However things changed when Kayla met Bruce, Xander's father. They were seventeen but Kayla never approached him.

It was Bruce who started talking to her and soon they were friends. I was happy at that time seeing that they were getting along very well. That was a first for Kayla to actually have a friend from different world.

Aurora never paid much attention to Bruce. They didn't click well. Their powers used to clash often. Kayla was happy seeing that Bruce was giving her much attention rather than Aurora.

But soon things changed." Rachel sighed. I didn't know all of these things so clearly. Rachel never told me. But she wasn't to be blamed. I didn't give her time to explain me anything. Lene was very much deeply engrossed into what Rachel was speaking about. The most dreaded part was coming nearer. My heart was starting to thump a little louder.

Rachel continued, "During those times there was a prophecy made by the Elders that was passed on since generations that two black wolves will change the world and bring harmony and end to the wars and battles between species. People were suspecting it would be Bruce since he was black wolf. But his great grand father was also a black wolf. So Bruce didn't expect anything.

After an year, Bruce turned eighteen just few months before Kayla and Aurora would turn. Bruce found out that Aurora was his mate but he didn't inform it to anyone. Since only he felt the connection and he still didn't believe it since it was very rare for a wolf to be mated to a witch.

Bruce started showing attention to Aurora and that was troubling Kayla. She didn't know Bruce and Aurora were mates but somehow she suspected. Bruce and Kayla's friendship was taking a down turn as Bruce was gearing himself for taking the throne. Whereas Kayla and Aurora were also gearing and preparing themselves for the crowning ceremony.

On their eighteenth birthday both of them were supposed to fight each other. Whoever wins they were going to be the next Queen.

I loved both my daughters equally but I wanted Aurora to be the Queen. She was very compassionate towards saving the world whereas Kayla had her selfish reasons.

Aurora won the battle. She was happy but more sadder that her sister lost. Aurora loved Kayla but the same wasn't to be told about Kayla.

Kayla wanted to be the Queen but she knew she couldn't defy the odds as she lost. She started to make plans and somehow in her twisted mind she thought of fulfilling the prophecy."

"How?" Lene asked Rachel.

"Her suspicions of Bruce and Aurora were mates was getting higher. After Aurora's birthday and her win, she came to know that Bruce was her mate. They decided to keep it secret and declare when the things settle down a little bit.

Kayla devised a cruel plan that would make her Queen. She was stupid to do that. She started to learn dark magic that was forbidden and wasn't used since hundreds of years. She thought of turning herself into a black wolf and somehow make Bruce beleive they're mates and that they're the ones from prophecy.

Her decision was fatal or psychotic. And  when she tried to turn herself into one. It was already late. Her plan failed but the dark magic consumed her completely. She turned into a dark Witch.

And in anger of seeing her plan failed she tried to go and kill her own sister." By then Rachel was in fits of crying. Lene went to comfort her. I can't even imagine how she must have felt seeing her children getting hurt.

Finally another update!
Sorry for leaving you guys hanging!

So finally it's STORYTIME!!!!

Did you like my chapter and the secrets on who's she ?

Please comment your views it keeps me motivated!

Keep voting and also do share!!

Much much love!

Luna
June 14 2020