CHAPTER XV- SHALL WE? (Updated)

A week passed with no sign of Xander. I didn't even encounter his scent since that fateful day. Like I asked him to go away, he really did oblige.

Bella was furious at me for backing down so easily. She insisted that I have to set him on the straight path and only I can be able to do it. She was wrong, I can't force Xander into anything when he himself refused to take a step with me for the sake of us.

I was currently in the training ground and it was eight in the morning. I've been training since four hours and even though every muscle, every fibre was screaming at me in pain. I continued to train with the other pack members.

I've made some friends here already. John and Ron. They are twins and they are also among the head warriors. They are very good at these and I've learned some techniques. They were away today so it was only me with a bunch of other teenage males.

Sun was up and I was sweating profusely. My wolf was not communicating with me and it was definitely taking a toll on us. She was upset at the fact that I let Xander walk away just like that.

I did some stretches and headed back towards my chambers to get showered and changed. Bella called me earlier to meet her in her chambers because she wanted to speak about something.

I was given many respectful bows and greets and fearful stares. Bella says that my fight with Rebecca has made everyone admire me for standing up for her and also they fear me for my strength and wolf.

And more importantly I didn't encounter Rebecca again since that day and I'm very very grateful for that. Because I know she's definitely going to tick me off.

I took the stairs this time instead of elevator. And I smelt his scent for the first time in a week. Now I knew why I never caught his scent in the elevator. Because he never uses it.

I shook the thought away and went to do my business.

****

I knocked on Bella's door before observing that the chamber in front of hers which is said to belong to the Gamma is getting cleaned up and many workers and maids are running to and fro.

"Hey there! Good morning my sister from another mother." Bella said excitedly.

"Good morning to you too. I guess you're in a very great mood." I commented.

I followed her as we reached her lounging room. Bree was coloring randomly on drawing sheets with adorable smile on her face. She saw me and jumped from her place to reach me. I engulfed her in a big hug and she giggled.

"Sha-la." She said to me. Since she can't talk properly yet. She calls me Sha-la.

"Hey there honey." I greeted her as she handed me her crayon. I tried to get along with her as Bella made herself comfortable on the couch. Nathaniel passed by us with a kiss on Bella's face and a brotherly hug to me on his way out.

I've gotten close to him this past week and we get along really well. Even though he didn't comment on the obvious tension between me and Xander but he still give me those meaningful stares that I have to set everything right. I don't understand why everyone keep expecting from me.

"So what's going on?" I asked Bella.

"You'd have known only if you don't spend all the time training your ass off." She rolled her eyes. I've been in the training ground all the time whenever I've got nothing to do. Or else I cook with the chefs. Even though they refused me at first they eventually warmed up to me. I got to know about Xander's favourites through them.

"Just say it Bells."

"Well our future Gamma is arriving soon."

"Wait, hold on. What's with this Gamma?" I was confused.