CHAPTER FIFTY: PEUR MEUS

The first thing I saw as soon as I opened my eyes was blinding light and I winced. I could feel the sterile smell invading my nostrils. I slowly blinked my eyes to find myself looking into frantic chocolate ones that belonged to my mate Xander.

"What happened?" I winced while getting up.

"Slow down amica mea." Xander said while helping me sit straight. I looked around to find I was sitting in what looked like a hospital room. Bella was also near me and she gave me a warm smile.

"I heard you fainted and soon I got you here." Xander informed me and I saw an IV was connected to my hand.

"Doc said that you were dehydrated and pushing yourself in training, that made you weak and lead you to black out. "  I nodded at him. He looked so worried.

"I'm fine Xan, don't worry about me." He kissed my lips softly and I felt relieved.

"I was so scared, I thought I lost you already." I kissed him back feverishly and smiled.

"I'm always right here with you. I love you."

"I love you more, Amica mea."

I heard the door open and saw Doc walk in the room. I saw her for the first time. She looked around forties and had a kind smile.

"My Queen you've woken up I see. I am Doctor Leah" She acknowledged me and then looked at both Bella and Xander and gave them a nod.

"Well everything seems normal. Your blood pressure is almost normal now. I gave you IV fluids to hydrate you and I also ran a blood test. Reports will come out soon. Luna I also need to run a urine test and I was waiting for you to wake up." She informed me professionally and I nodded at her.

I looked at the time to see it was almost 4'O clock and I remembered Xan had a meeting and I looked at him. He understood what I wanted to say and shook his head to say no.

'Xan you need to go. I'm perfectly fine here.' I mindlinked him.

'Nothing's more important than you, amica mea.'

I glared at him and looked at the doctor.

"At what time will I be discharged Dr.Leah?"

"I think within an hour or two. I'll check your vitals once again and then you're good to go." I looked at Xander smugly.

"Xan I'll be fine here. Bella is with me, you need to go please. The meeting is important." Xander heaved a sigh and nodded. He pecked my lips once and started to move out the door.

"Luna, I need to get your urine test. You'll get your reports within an hour." I nodded at her and did what she asked me to do. After sometime I got rid of IV as Bella made her way towards me.

"Can I say you something?" Bella asked me hesitantly.

"Since when do you need to ask me." I joked. She roller her eyes at me but nonetheless smiled.

"Well I think that you are pregnant Lene." My eyes bulged out of my sockets.

"No way. Why would you think so?" I asked her with disbelief.

"I just feel like it. And I've been pregnant thrice I know when I know. Besides reports will be out soon and they'll confirm." She said with smugness. My heart started to thump loudly and I looked at my tummy and grazed my fingers on it and surely I did feel a little tightness. Few days back I had a little difficulty wearing my tight high waist leggings. But I didn't pay much heed to it as I thought that I must have gained weight.

"I don't know Bells. I'm scared but at the same time I feel a little happier to think about it. I can't think anymore of it until report comes." She hummed in response. She sat next to me and we talked just animatedly for another hour before Dr. Leah entered the room with a huge smile on her face.