CHAPTER XXVI- DON'T DO THIS (Updated)

I ran faster and as soon as I crossed the main gate of this tower of the castle I shifted into my black wolf. She howled in pain and soon I started to hear many howls of the other wolves.

I heard many of them in my head asking what's wrong with me and some asking me to stay safe. They were confused about what transpired between me and their King. I silenced them all by saying everyone that I'm safe and not to follow me as I felt many wolves running after me to check up on me.

I silenced everyone's howls and questions by a simple sentence, "I appreciate your care and support but please let me be alone for some time." And I'm glad they agreed because I looked back to see some retreating reluctant  steps of the wolves.

My wolf took control and she howled again in pain and she ran faster and faster. But just then I heard another painful howl just a few distance away from me. We stiffened and halted in our steps but we didn't have to look back to see that it was Xander's howl. My heart constricted and I whimpered in pain and continued my run as Xander chased me.

I ran faster to avoid him but he was hot on my tails and within seconds he stopped me by standing right in front of me.

This was the first time we are in wolf forms in front of each other. It seems his wolf took control just like me because his eyes were silver and my eyes resembled his. I sucked in a huge breath as he stalked towards me with determination and my wolf started to move towards his wolf.

It's hard to take control of my wolf as she is resisting me. His wolf nuzzled his head in the crook of our neck. They lapped at each other nuzzling, licking each other. After some time I decided to take my control back and my wolf obliged reluctantly and I felt Xander doing the same.

"Baby." He whimpered as his gazed into mine. I bit back a whimper and turned away from him.

"I can't let you stay away from me."

"But that's what you wanted since the beginning and I'm finally agreeing to it."

"I'm sorry. Please let me make it up to you."

"You lost that chance Xander and I'm gonna fulfill your wish by living a life which doesn't involve you." I grit out and he whimpered in pain.

"Don't do this."

"The hell I won't. I reject you. Don't follow me." I snarled at him and took off from there leaving him behind and towards  the other side to get a good run and clear my head off of this mess. My wolf howled in pain when I rejected him. I regret my words and I wish I could take it back.

****

"I don't understand you both. Why can't you just be together? I'm literally dying to see you both together."

"It's complicated Bella." I heard myself saying.

"But you outright rejected him Shail? The whole pack is devastated at your act." Rob said furiously.

"I didn't have any choice! He was embracing some woman while I chased after him thinking all sorts of negative things." I hissed out.

"You shouldn't have assumed so easily Shail. Do you know how much in pain he is literally in right now?" Nathan spoke up for the first time.

Nathan, Bella and their little one were perched up on the couch while Rob was pacing and I just sat idly on the chair.

"He was hugging another female Nathan, how can you expect me to act calm and shit when my life is anything but that?"

"Shailene he wasn't some another female. She's Rachel." Bella's eyes widened.

"Really?" Both Rob and Bella had Nathan's attention and mine as well.

"Whose she? And how do you all know her?"

"How can we not know her?" Bella rolled her eyes at me and I glared at her.

"Stop beating around the bush and speak up." I said frustratingly at her.

"Rachel is Xander's grandmother from his mother's side." And I felt so stupid at myself for behaving as such and for saying those things to Xander.

"But he didn't explain it to me." I frowned.

"Did you let him?" Nathan said with a raised eyebrow and I slumped in disappointedly.

"But she looked so young." I pointed it out.

"Because she's a witch." Bella deadpanned and my eyes bulged out of my socket in shock.

"What?"

"Xander's mother was a witch." Rob said to me and I felt stupid of myself. It's been more than a month that I started living here and I came to know about such an important thing about his life now.

"What kind of a mate I am to not know all these things?" I said mostly to myself.

"Don't beat yourself for it. You both never spend time together even being mates to know each other."

"I hurt him pretty bad this time and it's all my fault." I said to them and all of them nodded at me. I cradled my face with shame.

"You should've scolded him, slapped him or beat him to pulp, I wouldn't have stopped you. But you outright rejected him Shailene and that hurt him, real bad."

"What should I do now?" I asked to them with hopefulness.

"Go on a date with me?" Rob suggested and I glared at him.

"It's not funny Rob." Bella said to him. He rolled his eyes at her.

"I'm being serious here Bells." Bryant whined and Bella cooed to shush him.

"What are you planning?" Nathan asked him seriously.

"Xander is pissed at Shail." He said to us.

"I can't anger him further more."

"Yes you can and you should. If he really wants you back then he will fight for you no matter how many times you reject him." Rob said with determination and Nathan nodded at him.

"He's right Shail, he has hurt you enough in the past but you still kept fighting for him. Let him fight for you this time."

"And when you go on a date with me, he'll surely be pissed. If he ruins the date then.."

"It's proven that he wants us to be together." I concluded.

"Great." Bella beamed with happiness and Nathan kissed her forehead with a smile.

"So, Miss Shailene Wolfe, will you go on a date with me?" Rob said with amusement lacing in his voice.

"Of course I will Mr. Robert Bellator." I chuckled at him but my heart was still tugging my chest in nervousness.

"I hope he ruins the date." I said to myself and everyone laughed.

"This is the first time I'm hearing someone wishing that their date gets spoiled." Nathan said with amusement.

Xander's mother was a witch!! A new twist to the story! And one of his family member is ALIVE! And that's Rachel. ;-))

Hope you liked this chapter!

Next chapter will be Rob and Shailene's date. Whose excited?????

Luna

Date: 16-11-17