CHAPTER FORTY ONE : THE DATE (PART TWO)

"This place smells similar to your scent. Forest and a hint of rain, just like you Xander." I tilted my head towards him to see him looking down at me with his thumb caressing the side of my face lovingly and igniting the sparks wherever it touched. This was bliss. Him and me. Here. Alone. Just the thoughts of us in love.

"It does resemble to my scent. This place was created by my mother with her powers. When she was pregnant with me, she and father used to come here to have their peaceful time away from the chaos of the palace. She has crafted every flower here with her spells. Hence why they look so unique. This entire place was my mother's idea and her gift to me to show how much she loved me even before I was born." Xander said to me with bright eyes. I felt my heart burst with happiness. That's why I felt a connection with this place. I placed my hand on his chest and smiled at him. I wish her mother was alive.

"I'm falling in love with you each day more and more and the funny thing is I thought it couldn't get any better than this." I said to him and kissed his palm. He took my face in his hands and kissed me softly on the lips.

"I'm in love with you Shailene Wolfe and nothing can ever make me feel what I'm feeling for you right now." I stayed there in his arms for few more seconds or minutes. Who's counting.

"As much as I want to just admire how breath takingly beautiful you look right now I need you to come with me for the date I've planned for us tonight." I smiled and nodded at him to continue his path to where he was leading us. As we walked a little further there was small tent decorated with all kinds of flowers and beautiful lights all over it, hidden behind the huge trees. I missed it when I first came here since I was to engrossed with thoughts about Xander.

"That's so beautiful Xander. Did you set it up?"

"Well as much as I like to take all the credit, I did have some help." He grinned at me. I shook my head at him and looked at the tent. It was beautiful and it had a table set for two with some dishes covered with the lid. I inhaled the scent and my mouth started watering.

"Come on let's feed you before your stomach starts rumbling." He said cheekily while I just pushed his chest away and poked my tongue at him.

We spent another half an hour or so eating the foods which he actually cooked for me. He informed me that he asked Ibiza about my favorite dishes and took his advice on how to cook them. His gesture was so sweet. It's been so long since I visited my former pack and met Ibiza. I missed him and my family.

I devoured the dessert and enjoyed every bite of it. Surprisingly Xander was very great at cooking. Never knew he had it in him. My man never stops surprising me.

"Did you like it?" He asked me with expectant eyes still unsure of his great cooking skills.

" Like it? I loved it Xan. I think you should cook for me often since you're so great at it." I grinned at him. And he gave a hearty laugh that just melts my heart.

"Anything for my lady." He kissed the back of my hand and smiled at me making me swoon all over his knee weakening actions.

He took my hand and led me away from the tent and towards the stream of water. My ears picked up the sound of water and the beautiful harmony it made. It was blissful.

"I loved the date Xan, it was beautiful." I told to him as I realised that our beautiful date is coming to an end. I didn't want this to end so soon.

"It's not the end, not yet. I still have one more thing to do."

"Really? But you did everything. What's left?" I asked him and he gulped visibly and his eyes shone with a hint of nervousness and hesitancy.

My heart picked up the rate and I felt like something big is gonna happen. But what? I didn't know.

"Well not everything. I didn't tell you the actual reason behind this date. And before I tell you, I need you to listen to me what I want to say." I nodded at him, unsure of whether I can speak or not. The air around us changed and it felt different. Not in a bad way. Of course not.

"Shailene Wolfe, the day you came into my life you turned my world upside down. In literal sense. You changed me completely. I never thought I could actually find happiness in this world but you proved me wrong and I'm glad you did. I still remember walking towards that trash pathetic wolf just because he had the audacity to touch what's rightfully mine.

I remember our first kiss and how passionately and possessively I kissed you and kissed me back. I still remember every detail of how you felt against me. I fell in love with you the second my eyes fell upon your beautiful ones.

I know I treated you worse and acted so wrongly and confused you and almost made you reject me. I know I deserved that. Heck I still feel like I don't deserve you. I have no idea why you decided to be with me even after all the times I've treated you wrong and hurt you." A lone tear fell down from his right eye as he looked into my eyes while he was telling me all these things.

My eyes were having their own waterwork and I wanted to stop him and tell him that he's most amazing man I've ever met and I love him but he stopped me by placing his hand on my lips and shaking his head so that I let him carry on with what he is saying.

"I can't change the past but I can promise you that I will never ever hurt you as long as I live at least not intentionally. I swear on my entire existence that I will cherish you, adore you, love you, take care of you.

I will kill anyone who tries to hurt you or try to take you away from me. I promise to bring hell to them if they so much as think of hurting you.

I promise to love you till death does us apart and even after that. The thing I have for you is eternal amica mea and it's never going to change. You matter to me more than anything in this world and loving you is the only purpose of mine to exist.

I'm the luckiest and the most happiest man that you were chosen to be mine. But.."

He gulped again and I looked at him with concern as he hesitated to say the next words.  My heart was beating faster than ever when he said but.

"But?" I asked with worry lacing my word.

"But I want something more."

I searched his eyes and felt nervous of what he wanted to say.

"More?"

"Yes. I want you to make me the happiest more than I already am." With that he took a two steps away from me and I sobbed.

He bent down on his knees and took out a small beautiful blue colored box and raised it towards me.

Is this what I'm thinking it is?

"Shailene Wolfe Will you do me the honor of making me the luckiest man alive by marrying me?"

My tears had no barrier and they were running down freely and I ran towards him and hugged him as I sobbed into his chest. His hands were running along my back trying to calm me down. After few seconds I lifted my head looked at him. He had love in his eyes and I couldn't help but kiss him passionately.

We pulled away while catching our breaths. I stood up and gave him a big smile and nodded while he was still on his knees.

"Hell yes! Yes! I want to marry you." I giggled and gave him my hand and he gently put the most beautiful ring on my ring finger. He got up and took me in arms and hugged me.

"I love you so freaking much  Mr. King."

"I love you so freaking much soon to be Mrs. King."

Hello!!!
Well it seems like I'm back!
I'm so sorry for not updating and letting you guys hang in there for so long!
I'll try to make up for this!

How was the update??

Did you like it?

Please comment and vote!

Luna

17-10-2019