CHAPTER XXIV- I AGREE WITH YOU BABY (Updated)

#28 in What's Hot in Werewolf!  Yip Yip

Xander's POV

"Let her in Xander, all that pain you both are going through isn't worth your happiness." Bella said to me while sipping the fruit juice Nathan got her.

"You maybe my King but honestly you're being an ass with her. You should've seen her state while I went to see her." Nathan said accused me.

"It's not like I'm happy seeing her in that state. It's gut wrenching for me as well. I was finally accepting her and then she announces that she's back again to snatch my mate." I said in frustration.

"What? Nathan, is it true?" Bella asked Nathan and he nodded in agreement.

She slumped back on the bed with an exasperated sigh.

"But it still doesn't mean that you have to be an ass with her. Instead of pushing Shail away you should go to her and in that way you both can be happy and she could be protected well." Bella suggested.

"She's right Xander. Staying away from her won't do good to any of you."

"But she warned me to stay away from her and I can't risk her life Bells, she is my everything and I can't lose her." Nathan placed a hand on my shoulder and gave me a small smile.

"I know my friend. And that's what she wants. For you to stay away from her so that she can easily pounce her attack on Shail."

"I think I made a really huge mistake in my life." I said as realisation struck me hard.

"You did. And trust me never before have I ever doubted your decisions until now." Nathan said to me and Bella nodded her head in agreement.

"I agree with you baby."

I looked at the sleeping form of Bryant in Nathan's arm and I felt pang in my chest when I saw how broken Shail looked while she held him. I bet she was thinking that we can't have this. This feeling of parenthood, of love, of satisfaction.

"I have to make it up with her as soon as possible."

"I hope you do because I'm fed up of seeing you both playing hide and seek with each other."

I heard the door open and in walked doctor along with Shail and Rob. I stiffened when I smelt Rob's scent on Shail. His scent was strong on her. And her face showed that she was happy and Rob had a huge grin on his face. I tried reading his mind but all he was thinking right now was how beautiful Shailene is and every other thing about Shailene that only I have the right to think about.

I felt a pang of jealousy course through me and I wanted to smack him hard but I contained myself with the thought that I have to make it up to Shailene. My eyes zoned on their interwined hands.

"Leave her hand Gamma or else you won't ever be able to hold anything in your life again." I mindlinked him and he immediately left. The smile on Shailene's face transformed to a frown as she looked at Rob and then finally at me. But her eyes looked indifferent towards me as if I'm no one to her. I staggered back with hurt.

"I'll be right back." I informed to no one in particular and made my way outside with my eyes on her. But she didn't turn towards me.

I replayed the time when she said that she hate the fact that she has fallen in love with me. Love, such a simple word can be used either to save the world or completely destroy it.

I still can't grasp it that even though I have done nothing but pushing her away she loves me or more like loved me.

Once I was outside the door I shifted into my wolf not caring about the clothes and started to run towards the forest. I caught up the faint scent of Shailene and Rob on my way. My wolf growled in anger and jealousy and accused me that it's all my fault that she doesn't even want to look into my eye.

I have to do everything possible to get her back and this  time no turning back. I was a fucking coward to do that to her. She all but let me in each time and what did I do, push her away!

I changed the course of my direction and made my way towards the other land where only few important people are allowed. The only place where I find peace and comfort.

I halted my run when I reached my safe haven and also a painful reminder of my past.

Graveyard of my parents and a special person.

I howled in pain remembering the pain they had to go through. The memory is still livid to me.

I don't want what happened to my parents happen to my sole happiness in this world, Shailene. She is strong and brave and honestly I'm so proud of her for what she is. But I also know that she is vulnerable and pure hearted innocent woman. A perfect Luna, a perfect mother to every wolf.

I went towards the nearby bushes where I placed my spare clothes. I shifted back to my human form and quickly changed into clothes.

I made my way towards the place where my parents rest in peace and I clenched my teeth to not to howl again.

"I'll avenge you Mum and Dad. I won't show mercy and I promise you that person will die many painful deaths. I'll make sure of it. I won't let any harm come to Shailene. I will not let go of her this time."

"Mum you would've loved my mate. She is exactly how you described she would be. She cooks the same as like you. And Dad you'd have loved her as well or more like adored her. She is an actual badass. How much I'd give to see you both in dual combat!

And you would have loved her as well." I turned to the other tombstone and I felt my heart constrict.

"I miss you so much that it hurts and I hope Mum and Dad that I'll make a good King just the way you wanted me to be. I still can't believe it's been ten years now since that incident."

"And I also wanted to inform you that Bella gave birth to a beautiful boy Bryant. I saw Shailene holding him in her arms just like a mother would do to her child. And in that situation I realised how much I want to relive that situation again but with our child in her arms. I want to make her happy Mum and Dad. Give me your blessings."

"I'll be going now, I'll be back soon."

How was this chapter?
Like it? Comment and let me know

And guys plss don't Judge Xander as an emotional wreck and a coward. You don't know his side of a story. And surely I'll disclose it in the mean time.

Enjoy!!
And and and thanks for 18k reads !! That's amazing...
Luna