Chapter 8

A couple people were admiring Izuku, but looking over at Bakugou, Ayano almost burst out in laughter.

His mouth was gaping open, and he looked pissed. Suddenly, he lunged, heading straight towards Izuku.

"Hey!" He shouted, gaining everyone's attention. "Deku you bastard! Tell me how you did it or you're dead!"

Poor Izuku looked terrified. Though before the angry teen could get his hands on Izuku, something stopped him. Ayano looked towards the source and saw Aizawa standing there calmly, his scarf outstretched and holding Bakugou where he was.

"W-Why the hell is your scarf so damn strong?" Bakugou asked.

"Because it's a capture weapon." Aizawa exclaimed, "Made out of a special metal alloy. Stand down. It'd be wise to avoid making me use my quirk so much. It gives me serious dry eye."

"Too bad, that power's amazing!" The students exclaimed, and Ayano had to agree.

He blinked and deactivated his quirk, his scarf returned to sitting on his shoulder. "You're wasting my time now, whoever's next can step up."

Ayano sighed, and watched the rest of the students throw, then went to the last couple of tests, sit-ups, seated toe touch, and a long distance run, by the end of it, Ayano was standing with the rest of the class in front of Aizawa.

"Alright, time to give you the results." He started. "I've ranked you all from best to worst, you probably have a good idea of your standing already. I'll just pull up the whole list, it's not worth going over each individual score."

A screen was pulled up in front of him and Ayano scanned the screen. Letting out a sigh of relief when she saw her name next to number 14 right below Tsuyu's name. Sure it wasn't the best, but at least she wasn't dead last, though when she looked at who was in last place, she frowned.

'Poor Izuku...' She though sadly.

"And I was lying. No one's going home." Aizawa stated, then he smiled. "That was just a rational deception to make sure you gave it your all on the tests."

Ayano wasn't that surprised, she had thought it was fishy that he would expel someone on the first day, the second maybe, but not the first.

"I'm surprised the rest of you didn't figure that out." A girl with black hair pulled into a ponytail said. "I'm sorry, I guess I should of said something."

Everyone just looked at her, most of them unamused by her statement.

That was still quite nerve wracking, to be completely honest, but still fun. At least, I found it fun, I don't know about the others.

"That's it, we're done for the day. Pick up a syllabus in the classroom and read it over before tomorrow morning." He told them as he walked started walking away, though he handed a paper to Izuku and told him to go to the nurses office, she wasn't able to hear what else he said.

As the rest of the class headed to the classroom, Ayano followed behind, staring off into space as she walked. Finding her way to the classroom and taking the piece of paper on the teachers desk.

The rest of the day went by like a normal school day, which really disappointed Ayano, she had had enough math and language classes and she honestly didn't want to take any more. Even if the classes were all just covering the basics and the rules for the year. She just waited for the school day to be over.

When it was, she slung her book bag over her shoulder and walked out of the building, yawning as she headed towards the station.

When she got there, she noticed three other students from her class, one of them Izuku. She just stayed where she was and didn't bother talking to any of them, she was too tired, and more social interaction would just make her want to sleep right when she got home.

The train came and Ayano got on, squeezing through the crowd as she held onto one of the railings to keep her balance.

Getting off at her stop, she walked away from the station and towards her families house, stepping inside. "I'm home!" She exclaimed.

"Welcome home!" Two voices responded at the same time, and Ayano walked into the dining room to see her parents sitting at the table talking.

"How was your first day of school, sweetie?" Kisa asked.

Ayano looked at her, "It was... Different."