Chapter 12

"Battle Start!" All Might's voice boomed across the training center, and Ayano nodded at the other two, stepping out of the room.

She had chosen to roam around the building and try to stop anyone who got close to where the bomb was, so she could beat them, capture them before they got too close, or lead them away from the weapon.

Walking along the hallway, an idea formed in Ayano's head and a smirk made its way to her face. She found a door and stood next to it, watching for anyone who would come up to her.

She heard something in the distance and looked down the hallway in front of her, she saw a creature made of shadow lunge straight towards her, jumping to the side quickly, she watched as it looked at her, then seemed to disappear back down the hallway.

Ayano stayed where she was, and after a few minutes, she heard a pair of footsteps getting louder. She prepared herself and she was so focused on the footsteps in front of her that she didn't notice someone behind her until it was too late.

"Got you!" A voice exclaimed from behind Ayano, and she felt something wrap around her upper arm, a piece of white tape, that was already starting to turn to ice.

Looking at who just attacked her, Ayano's blue eyes met with Asui's large eyes.

"Guess you did." Ayano said with a grin.

"Go and get the weapon, Tokoyami."

The boy nodded, and opened the door, walking in.

There was silence, and then he walked back out, "It wasn't in there." He said, then he looked at Ayano, "You tricked us."

Ayano smirked and stuck out her tongue, knocking her arm into the wall and hearing small pieces of ice fall to the ground, freeing herself from the capture. "Looks like I did~" She said with a smile, "And now you'll have to search this whole place to find the weapon!" She froze the soles of her shoes easily, the gloves shifting to allow her bare skin to touch the shoes, "Or, if you catch me, I'll tell you where it is!" She slid away, smoothly creating a great amount of distance between the other team.

The two glanced at each other, and they both started to move towards her, Asui propelled herself forwards by jumping and a shadow-like creature burst from Tokoyami and headed straight towards Ayano.

Grinning, Ayano propelled herself down the hallway.

'Hey, everything okay out there? We heard some commotion."

Sero's voice came from the earpiece, and Ayano placed her finger up to her ear. "Everything is peachy." She said with a smile. "Actually, I encountered the hero team."

'Are you alright?'

"I'm better than alright. I'm leading them on a chase, with me as the bait of course. You guys sit tight over there, I'm going to make them waste the time they have."

'Alright. Make sure they don't catch you.'

"Oh, they won't." Smiling, Ayano removed her hand from her ear and looked behind her, Asui and the shadow demon were catching up to her, but Ayano had a plan. She swiftly turned into a hallway that was coming up quickly and skidded down it, looking behind her and seeing that they both passed the hall.

She knew they wouldn't be too far behind after a while, so she made sure to make as many twists and turns as she could to get ahead and confuse them.

Stopping and catching her breath, she looked around, listening to see if there was anything, or anyone around her. There was only silence.

Smirking, Ayano started walking along the hallway again, she had been able to keep track of the time for the large amount of the race, and if she was right, there was only 5 minutes left, but she never knew, a lot could happen in 5 minutes.

Soon, Ayano heard some more footsteps, and she looked behind her, seeing both of the people on the opposing team.

"There she is!" Asui exclaimed.

"Oh dear. Looks like they've found me~" Ayano said to herself, easily skidding away from the hero team, and they started to chase her.

This went on for the next couple of minutes, and Ayano started to slow down, she felt something wrap around her arm, the fabric of her glove separating it from her bare skin. She looked at it and saw that it was the capture tape.

"Guess you got me for real this time." Ayano said with a smirk. "Too bad it's too late!"

Asui and Tokoyami looked at her in slight confusion.

"Time's Up!" All Might's voice echoed across the center, and Ayano smirked.

"You tricked us." Tokoyami stated.

"That I did~" Ayano mused. "But, you guys did a good job chasing me, Asui, Tokoyami." She kicked her feet on the ground and the ice crumbled off the soles of her boots.

"Call me Tsu." Asui said.

"Alright, then you can call me Ayano."

"Shall we head back to the monitory room?" Ayano asked.

The two nodded and they all headed out, ready to hear what the class and All Might had to say about their exercise.