Chapter 22

By the end of the day, Ayano was ready to leave school, but it seemed that some other students had different ideas, since when Uraraka opened the door, there was a crowd of them blocking the way out.

"What's going on?!" She asked.

"What business do you have with class A?" Iida asked.

"We can't get out!" Mineta exclaimed. "What'd you come here for anyways."

"Scouting out the enemy, idiot." Bakugo said, walking up to the door. "We're the ones who made it out of the villains attack. They probably want to check us out before the sports festival." He stopped in front of the kids crowding the doorway, "There's no point in doing stuff like that.out of my way, background characters."

"Stop calling people background characters just because you don't know them!" Iida exclaimed.

"I came to see what the famous Class A was like." A voice from the crowd said, and someone made their way to the from. "But you seem pretty arrogant. Are all the students in the hero course like this."

Around her, Ayano's class mates shook their heads, looking terrified.

"Seeing something like this makes me disillusioned. There are quite a few people who enrolled in general studies or other courses because they didn't make it into the hero course. Did you know that?" The boy who was talking had a tired look on his face, and bluish hair that seemed to rise up. "The school has left those of us a chance. Depending on the results of the sports festival, they'll consider our transfer into the hero course, and it seems that may also transfer people out." He looked over the class, "Scouting out the enemy? I, at least, came to say that even if you're in the hero course, ou get too carried away, I'll sweep your feet out from under you. I came with a declaration of war."

A declaration of war, huh? Ayano thought.

"Hey, Hey! I'm from Class B next door!" Someone else in the crowd exclaimed. "I heard you fought against villains, so I came to hear 'bout it! Don't get so full of yourselves! If you bark too much, it'll be embarrassing for you durin' the real fight!"

Ayano watched as Bakugou silently walked away, obviously ignoring the shouting boy.

"You ignorin' me, bastard?"

"Wait a minute Bakugo!" Kirishima exclaimed, running up and standing next to Ayano. "What're you gonna do about all this? It's your fault everyone's hating on us!"

"I'd have to agree with him, Bakaho." Ayano said with a nod.

Bakugo looked back at the two, "It doesn't matter." He responded, "It doesn't matter as long as you rise to the top."

That sounds like him. Ayano thought with a sigh, watching as he pushed his way through the crowd easily.

"That's so simple and manly." Kirishima said, clenching his fist with a tear in his eye.

Around her, the class was agreeing with what Bakugo had said, Ayano just sighed and walked out of the classroom through the crowd, feeling people's stares on her as she pushed through.

She finally arrived at her house, setting her backpack down on the couch with a sigh.

"Welcome home Honey!" Kisa exclaimed, walking up to Ayano and wrapping her arms around her. "How are you feeling?"

Ayano moved away from her mom with a smile, "I'm feeling fine."

"Are you sure? No pain in your chest? Ribs? Anywhere?"

Ayano chuckled. "I'm fine, mom. No pain anywhere."

"Are you sure?"

Ayano nodded, "Positive. Oh! The UA Sports Festival is coming up-"