Chapter 49

The second group had gotten to their positions, and Ayano was looking around the area, making a strategy on how to get to All Might quickly, along with thinking about who else was in her group.

Momo was on the opposite side of the arena, she would most likely create something to help herself through the twisting and turning course. She would probably be a big competitor to Ayano.

Jiro, Ayano wasn't sure what the girl would do, she assumed she would mainly run along the ground of the arena and climb up when she could non order to get to All Might as fast as she could.

Asui, Ayano knew for a fact that the frog girl would jump easily through the course, sticking onto the building walls, beams, and overall being able to make it through the course quickly. Asui was probably one of Ayano's main concerns, the other one being a certain Ash blond boy.

Bakugou was probably the one person who she was scared to go against. With him being able to propel himself with his explosions over the course, along with being able to injure her with any of the explosions he created if she were near. She would have to keep an eye out for the explosive boy.

Stretching, Ayano took the time she had left to develop a plan. 'If I can get up high, and somehow... glide through the air-' " That's it!" She exclaimed, a smile coming to her face as the idea formed through her head. Standing up straight, she pointed her hands towards her feet, waiting anxiously for the signal.

A minute later, it came. Immediately, she pressed the button on her gloves and water gushed down to the ground, freezing as it grazed her fingers and starting to build a high tower of ice for her to stand on.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"What's Hyida doing?" Kirishima asked, looking up at the screen that was currently showing the blond girl raising herself into the sky on a pillar of ice.

"I dunno, maybe gaining some height? But how would she get down, and to All Might?" Izuku asked, looking intently at the screen. 'Could she of found out something about her quirk over the internships? Like I did?' He thought.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Back with Ayano, she looked in front of her and finally determined that she was high enough up- she could see where All Might was exactly, as well as each of her other opponents. Quickly, she pressed her hand towards the ice figure, the ice molding and changing under her fingers.

"Now, I got to make sure it's thin enough..." she muttered to herself, a minute later, she was done with forming what she needed.

A glider.

Picking it up, she placed her hands on the bar, the thin-yet strong- layer of ice above her acted as the tightly stretched fabric of a glider, some thicker ice around the sides as supports to the ice. With a deep breath, she reached one hand forwards and froze some more ice in the shape of a small platform right off the tower.

"Alright... three, two, one- now!" She exclaimed, skating forwards and jumping off the pillar, feeling the ice glider catch the air and opened her eye a bit wider as she saw herself glide through the air, straight towards All Might.

"What? That's cheating you bastard!" Bakugo exclaimed from under Ayano as she quickly gained on him- still pretty high up.

"Really? He never said anything against gliders in the rules." Ayano shouted, looking forwards to see All Might standing tall a few feet away. "Well, sorry to cut this chat short, Bakahoe, but I got a Man to rescue!" Ayano exclaimed, angling the glider down the smallest bit and gliding through the air faster.

It wasn't long until she reached the platform All Might was on. Pulling up sharply, Ayano stumbled to a landing, skidding to a halt before All Might.

Right behind her, an angry Bakugo blasted onto the platform, soon followed by Momo, then Asui, then Jiro, who had just climbed over the railing.

"Thank you for saving me!" All Might exclaimed as he looked at Ayano, giving her a sash, then he turned his attention to the whole group. "Even though young Hyida was the one to win this exercise, I have seen the improvement in all of you from the beginning of the year. You're all just beginning to realize your full potential!"

Ayano smiled, ignoring the angry Bakugo glaring at her as All Might called up the third group. She had improved, and hoped to be able to improve as much as she could in the future.