Chapter 40

In the days off from the school festival, Ayano took the time to recover and rest. The Sports festival had taken a lot out of her. More than she expected it to.

Stepping onto the crowded train, Ayano covered her mouth with a yawn, her eye closing. Grabbing onto a strap, once settled, she looked towards the window and she watched all the town's scenery go by.

"Hey, you're Hyida from the hero Course, aren't you?" Someone asked, causing Ayano to look over her shoulder at a man with a horn in the middle of his forehead.

"Woah! That is- face half frozen and all!" Another stranger exclaimed.

"You were amazing in the Sports Festival, so quick! And your quirk's amazing!"

"Keep working hard and maybe you'll be on the podium next year!"

"Thank's everyone!" Ayano thanked nervously, not used to getting as much attention as she was. Even though her parents were heroes, they preferred to keep their identities a secret, only few people knew their actual names, so they didn't get crowded in public a lot with fans.

The train slowed to a stop and and Ayano stepped out into the pouring rain. Luckily, she had a rain poncho on, so her uniform wouldn't get wet. While it was an anti-freezing material, once wet, her body would freeze the rain water causing her uniform to be coated in a layer of ice. The poncho along with an umbrella she got from home allowed Ayano to not get pelted by the rain. Of course, her legs were another story, some drops would land on them and freeze immediately. Looks like she might end up having some small icicles on her legs once she got inside.

Walking through they gate, Ayano noticed two familiar figures up ahead.

"Iida! Midoriya!" She greeted stepping inside the building and shaking out her umbrella. "Good morning you two!"

"Oh! Miss Hyida, good morning!" Iida exclaimed, looking at her, then his gaze went down to her legs, and Ayano could understand why.

"Morning Hyida!" Midoriya exclaimed, before his gaze also went down to her legs.

"I can never escape rain without some icicles forming." She told the two with a chuckle, answering the unspoken question.

"That's strange." Izuku muttered to himself. "Your skin must be so cold that anything freezes on contact."

"It is. Why did you think I always wore hoodies in middle school. Come on Midoriya, I told you this already!"

"Oh right... I never thought of the extent of it before though. Wait, that means, my notebook when Kacchan threw it out the window—!"

"That was me, yep. Must of seen the frost on it I guess."

"Thanks for doing that..." Izuku stated.

"It's fine, it's fine. Anyways, enough about me, Iida, how're you doing?" She had heard about the incident from the news, along with her parents talking about it during dinner the night it happened.

"I'm fine. I apologize for worrying you needlessly." Iida said, looking at the two with a smile. With that, he turned away, and started heading to the classroom.

"Well, we should head to class too." Ayano stated, placing her ice blue raincoat into her locker. "Oh, one second." She balled her hand into a fist and slammed it down onto her ice-covered legs, watching as the ice cracked and fell to the ground, revealing her perfectly dry legs underneath. "Ah, much better. Well, I'll see you in class, Midoriya!"

"Right!" Izuku exclaimed, quickly placing his umbrella into the box.

Stepping into the noisy classroom, Ayano took her seat at the back, staring up front as Aizawa stepped inside.