Chapter 18

"Are you all alone, girly?" One of the villains asked, his tone condescending.

"So what if I am?" Ayano asked, trying to put on a brave attitude, even if she was trembling. "I can still beat you guys to a pulp."

"That's some tough talk from someone as small as you." Another of the villains said. "Maybe we should shut that big mouth for you, after this, you won't speak ever again."

Behind her, Ayano heard someone taking steps in the snow, and before someone managed to grab a hold of her, she dodged to the side, though she ended up feeling a hand on her shoulder, she jumped forwards. "Don't touch me!" She exclaimed out of instinct, turning around and watching as ice started to spread up his arm, stopping at his shoulder.

Ayano smirked, realizing that her freezing skin might come in handy in this situation. "I wouldn't try breaking the ice if I were you. Unless you want a couple layers of your body to break off along with it."

The villain with the frozen arm growled and lunged at her, Ayano could read him like an open book, he was planning on using the ice as extra weight to his attack. Moving to the side, Ayano watched as his arm swung down and shattered completely. Bits of his frozen arm landed in the snow, and Ayano looked at he expression on the man's face as he stared at the spot his arm used to be. Just below his shoulder, there were splinters of ice jutting out, some of them dripping blood onto the snow.

"I warned you." Ayano said as she swallowed down the guilt she was feeling as she looked at his arm. He was going to kill her if she didn't do anything, this was for the best. One less arm for her to deal with.

The man who's arm shattered looked at her, even though Ayano thought that he must be in a lot of pain, he lunged at her again, using the ice splinters to attack her. Though due to his now short arm, it was easy to dodge him, but she was so focused on that one villain, that Ayano blocked out all the others, and she only remembered they were there when something grabbed onto Ayano's arm, touching an area where her glove was separating her bare skin from their hand.

Ayano tried to get away, but before she could make a move, she felt her body get thrown to the side and she slammed right into a large rock, coughing up blood that stained the pure white snow. She forced herself to get up, despite the roaring pain in her back, she wiped the blood dripping down from her mouth.

Brushing her hands against the soles of her boots, they froze, she wouldn't be able to fight them by quirk strength, but she might be able to fight them with her speed, and even if one of her opponents had a speed quirk, they would have difficulty moving through the snow, while Ayano will be able to skate right on top of it. And she might also be able to skate away, though she might have to watch out for any villains hiding in the thick of the storm.

Slipping on top of the snow, she activated her quirk, skidding by some of the villains she brushed her hand against their clothing, freezing them and causing some of them to fall, since she noticed that they wouldn't able to balance in the snow and carry all that weight at the same time.

Suddenly she was wrapped in something, looking behind her, she saw a woman with grayish green hair that extended.

"I may not of been able to defeat that stupid pro, but I bet I could easily pummel you."

Ayano was soon getting thrown around in the air, as she struggled against her bindings she tried to reach towards whatever was holding her. Even if she could only brush her fingertips against them, she could get free.

Before she could reach anything, she was let go and she flew through the air, landing on a sharp rock on her stomach. This time a stream of blood made it's way out of Ayano's mouth, and she wasn't able to move. Trying to get up, pain spread throughout her whole body and she let out a cry of pain.

I can't beat them on my own. Ayano thought, feeling tears starting to fall from her eyes. She heard laughter and snow cracked underneath multiple pairs of feet as the villains surrounded her again.

"Just like they say." One of the villains said. "The bigger the talk, the weaker they are."

Ayano groaned as she felt a fist collide with her side, and she was thrown off the rock, landing in the snow, a small pool of blood staining it.

I have to fight. Ayano thought. Everyone else must be fighting their own battles too. I can't give up.

A surge of strength went through Ayano, and her hands started to glow. "I won't... Be beaten... That... Easily." She managed to choke out as blood leaked out of her mouth with every word. Catching the next blow from one of the villains, she froze their arm, pulling herself up as the ice spread to the rest of their body. Placing a hand over the wound on her stoumach, the blood that was rushing out was frozen, and she succeeded in stopping the blood for a while.

"You brat!" One of the villains on her other side exclaimed, aiming a punch towards her, Ayano glanced over towards him and a wall of ice appeared, shattering against the force of the person's fist.

Ayano stumbled a bit as she stood up completely, but managed to stand her ground. She coughed up some blood. That's right, Ayano. Get up and fight, like all of your friends are doing right now! Fight for UA! Fight for your survival!

There was a commotion outside, but Ayano couldn't focus on that now, she had on her own fight to focus on.

Letting out a battle cry, Ayano felt something weigh down on her back and wrap around her shoulder blades, she looked at the villains through half lidded eyes. She was running off of adrenalin, and it wasn't going to last for long. This would have to happen quickly.

Manipulating the ice, she moved it around on her back, and they glinted in the light from the center. She had created giant wings of ice, and though she couldn't fly with them, she could still attack people with them. Feeling a piercing cold start to spread from her right ear, she gritted her teeth in pain, and forced herself  to manipulate the ice shards to detach themselves from the wings and fling towards the villains, piercing their arms and legs with them, blood spurting onto the snow.

The wind was still blowing the snow around the group, and after shooting ice shards and replacing them, Ayano found herself standing in blood soaked snow, all the villains passed out around her, ice shards sticking out of them.

The ground started shaking and Ayano wasn't able to keep her ground. The wings of ice melted off her back as she deactivated ever quirk and soaked the snow along with the blood. She stumbled forwards, catching herself the first time but with the second step, she fell on her knees. Coughing, she felt like she was hacking up one of her lungs. Her chest hurt, her stomach hurt, and half of her face was so cold it felt like it was burning. She was in so much pain, tears were streaming down her cheeks, and she felt her energy deplete quickly.

She forced herself to stand up, the ice around the soles of her shoes had broken, so she now making her way through the snow storm, the way she thought the exit was. She knew that if she let herself give up now, she might end up passing out, and she might not be found in the storm before it was too late.

It felt like she was wondering in the snow dome for years, but in actuality it had only been a couple minutes, and she hadn't made much distance, the bodies of the villains were still in sight, and she was getting weaker by the second, not to mention her face was freezing, the piercing cold spreading from her face making her limbs want to freeze up. She knew she couldn't go on any longer.

"I'm sorry... Everyone." She whispered to herself, as she felt her body start to fall forwards and collapse into the snow, her eyes blurring and she was surrounded in darkness.

-----------
*hears the crying in the distance*

Yes. Let me feed on your tears.

-Sin