Chapter 33

"Now, why don't we get moving? Fifth match, start!"
—————————

A second later, Aoyama shot his laser, the brilliant blue beam heading straight towards Ashido as she dodged with ease, then started sliding across the arena.

Aoyama kept firing the laser as Ashido, who was easily dodging it as she slid around the arena, though it was clear after a while that Aoyama wasn't feeling as good as he was when he started.

"Right, didn't he say something about getting a stomach ache if he uses his quirk for too long?" Ayano asked herself, watching as Mina made her way closer to Aoyama and threw some sort of substance at his belt, which started to disintegrate. She let out a chuckle when she saw his pants fall down and he struggled to keep them up.

Ashido moved right up to him, and punched him in the jaw, causing him to fall to the ground.

"Aoyama has fainted!" Midnight shouted. "Ashido advances to the second round!"

"Aoyama's knocked out!" Present Mic shouted as the crowd cheered, "Ashido's easy victory is indisputable!"

Next to her, Izuku was writing down everything that he had witnessed, and she noticed what book he was writing in. It was the one she had saved from the pond. Though it was dry now, and there were not signs of ice, the burnt cover was all to familiar.

"Now, we;be got no time to lose! Let's move on to the sixth match!" Present Mic shouted as Aoyama and Ashido walked out of the stadium.

"Offense and defense in one body! The Dark Samirai accompanied by Dark Shadow! From the hero course, it Tokoyami Fumikage!" Present Mic announced, "Versus— All purpose Creation! She was admitted through recommendations, so her abilities are certified! From the hero course, it's Yaoyorozu Momo!"

"Midoriya, what do you think of this match?" Ojiro asked, leaning over Uraraka's empty seat.

"I think time will be the key." Izuku answered.

"Time?" Ojiro said.

"Sixth match, start!" Present Mic shouted, stopping Izuku from answering.

A shadow like bird flung appeared out of Tokoyami's chest, flying straight towards Momo, who quickly created a shield to defend herself from the attack. She reached her hand out and there was a subtle glow around it. Ayano assumed she was going to create a weapon, but once Tokoyami's shadow attacked her, the glow dissapeared.

"She can't concentrate." Ayano observed, watching as Dark shadow attacked her again and again, until she was pushed back towards the edge of the arena, where it stopped hovering near Tokoyami.

"Yaoyorozu!" Midnight shouted, "Out of bounds!"

"What?" Ayano asked, moving forwards slightly, she noticed that one of Momo's feet was out of bounds.

"Tokoyami advances to the next round!" Midnight shouted.

With that, Tokoyami's dark shadow disappeared back in his body, and he bowed. Momo just stood on the stadium in shock.

"An completely overwhelming victory!" Present Mic shouted. "Tokoyami's Dark Shadow! Could it be the greatest quirk ever?"

"Tokoyami's so amazing." Izuku said, causing Ayano to look over at him. "Just by focusing his attack on the shield Yaoyozru made."

"He was trying not to hurt her?" Ojiro asked.

Izuku turned to him and nodded.

"That's how easy it was for him, huh?" Ojiro whispered. "She must feel really frustrated..."

"Okay, let's move on! Next up—" the screen showed two people, both with the same pose. "This seventh match is a match-up between redundant quirks!"

"Manly and passionate steel! From the hero course, it's Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu!" Present Mic announced, and Ayano couldn't help but feel extremely amused by how redundant the boy's name was. "Versus! Manly and passionate hardening! From the hero course, it's Eijiro Kirishima! Let's start this passionate seventh match!"

As the match started, it was anything but passionate, Kirishima and Tetsutetsu did the same exact things. Ayano almost feel asleep.

"I'll be back, alright?" Deku said, moving Ayano from her sleep-like state.

"Where are you going, Deku?" She asked, watching as Izuku made his way out of the section she was sitting in.

"I'm going to check on Uraraka, she's up next."

"Hm. Against Bakaho?" Ayano asked, and she stood up from her seat, "I'll go with you then, I don't think anything interesting is going to happen in this fight."

With that,both her and Izuku made their way to the class' waiting room. Ayano watched as Izuku opened the door, the two of them walking in.

"Uraraka!" Izuku exclaimed, getting the attention of both Iida and Uraraka.

"Deku! Ayano!" She said in surprise, "Huh? You two don't want to watch the other's matches?"

"Most ended quickly, and now Kirishima is up against someone from Class B." Izuku explained.

"Yes, and they have the exact same quirk. Well, more like similar. The match is probably along the lines of one of them doing  something to the other and the other doing that same thing back to the person." Ayano sighed, "I don't really want to watch that, you know?"

"I guess you're right." Uraraka said, a small trace of amusement in her voice, though she still sounded extremely nervous. Her slight smile faded, and her face grew serious "Though, next... soon..."

"But, well, I don't think even Bakugo would use a full-strength explosion on a girl." Iida pointed out.

"He would." Izuku replied bluntly.

"No question about it." Ayano agreed, nodding her head.

"Everyone's trying to become number one to make their dreams come true." Izuku started to explain. "Even if it's not Kacchan, no one would think about holding back. You've helped me so much Uraraka. That's why I thought maybe I could help you a little."

Ayano glanced over towards the boy, seeing the burned notebook in his hands, watching as he showed it towards Uraraka.

"A plan to use your quirk against Kacchan. It's rough, but I came up with something."

"Oh, isn't that great Uraraka?" Iida asked.

"Thanks, Deku." Uraraka started, "But it's fine." That took Ayano by surprise. "You're amazing, Deku. I keep seeing more and more amazing sides to you. During the cavalry battle, I thought it'd be easier to team up with friends, but now that I think about it, I might've been trying to rely on you. That's why, when Iida said he'd challenge you, it actually made me feel a bit embarrassed." The girl stood up, a solemn look on her face as she started to walk out of the room. "That's why it's fine." She stopped just in front of the door, looking back at the three standing there watching her. "Everyone's facing the future and trying their hardest. That mean's we're all rivals, right? That's why..." She held her thumb up, a shaky smile on her face. "Let's meet in the finals!"

Ayano looked at the girl, a smile hinting at her lips.

"While we wait for Kirishima and Tetsutetsu to recover, let's move on to the next match!" Present Mic's muffled voice made it's way into the room the three of them were in.

"We'll head back up to the seats." Iida said, and the two of them walked out of the room, Ayano hanging back.

"Hey, Uraraka." Ayano said, getting the nervous girl's attention. "I trust you've come up with a great plan. Do me a favor and beat Bakaho to the ground, alright?" With those words, Ayano made her way out of the room and back to the stands, awaiting the oncoming battle.

____________
PFFFFT I TOTALLY DIDN'T MISS TWO UPLOADING DATES, WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TAKING ABOUT???!?!!?!
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

-Sin
Please don't kill me.