Chapter 25

Ayano heard more footsteps behind her, and she knew people were already getting past the robots. Not looking back at who got past, she continued skating, only to pull to a stop right before a deep hole.

Taking a step back, she looked out over the deep chasm she had almost fallen into.

Others had caught up to her by this point, and we're looking over the chasm.

"Hey Hey! The first barrier's a piece of cake!" Present Mic exclaimed, "Then what about the second? If you fall, you're out! If you don't wanna fall, then crawl! It's "The Fall"!"

"When did they build this stage?" Uraraka asked from beside Ayano, and she looked over, watching as Tsu made her way to the edge, crouching and grabbing hold of the roped, easily scaling across.

"She's fast!" Mina exclaimed.

A girl started talking from behind Ayano, but she was too busy to listen to what the girl was saying, until she propelled by her and over most of the cavern.

I'm not loosing to some support course girl! Ayano thought and clenched her fists, she watched as Todoroki slid across, freezing the roped as he did. Smiling, she started to skid across the ones that he had already frozen, soon catching up to be in the front of the crowd. Above her, Bakugo was propelling himself forwards, and he was easily getting ahead of her. Instead of going faster, Ayano kept herself focused to the roped, not in the mood too fall.

She reached the ending soon and jumped off the roped, running forwards. She had cracked the ice on her boots, and slipped her gloves back on. Not wanting to take them off again and make her fall behind more, she continued on foot, speeding past a couple other kids as she ran.

Though as she passed a sign, she saw the few kids in front of her walking carefully, some jumping and some flinging themselves offer the field of dirt.

Not wanting to fall behind any more, Ayano froze the soles of her shoes again, and started skidding across the field, from the stadium, Ayano heard Presents Mics voice, explaining how the field was a mine field.

"It's set up so that you can tell where the mines are if you look carefully!" He was explaining. "So you have to exploit your eyes and legs. By the way, these landline are for games, so they're not that powerful, but they're loud and flashy enough to make you wet your pants!"

Around her, Ayano was watching as kids were stepping on mines and flying up in the air. Looking behind her, she was hearing a series of loud bangs and she noticed that she was setting off mines behind her as she slid over them, but she was too fast to get caught in one of the explosions.

Next to her, someone flew past her and she felt a wave of heat as she slid across the field. Looking at who the person was, she sighed, "Bakaho, of course." She muttered, mainly to herself. In front of her, he quickly passed Todoroki.

"And now we've got someone new in the lead!" Present Mic exclaimed as Bakugou passed Todoroki. From the stadium, Ayano heard cheering, along with Present Mic's voice. "Rejoice, mass media! It's the kind of development you guys love!"

"Hey, hey, hey, the rest of the pack is also speeding up!" Ayano looked behind her, seeing that people were indeed closing the gap between her, Todoroki, and Bakugo, Iida wasn't that far behind them also, setting off pink explosions as he set off the mines. "However! Even as they push and pull at each other, can the two at the top remain in the lead?"

"I hope not." Ayano muttered, pushing her feet faster against the ground, making herself speed up and start to close the gap between her and the two fighting fo lead.

Suddenly, behind her, there was a giant explosion that made Ayano slow down slightly and look behind her, seeing someone flying above the field, a giant light pink cloud being the culprit of the flying person. The breeze from the explosion made her skid forwards and slightly loose control, running into someone.