Chapter 32

Ayano stood in front of the large doorway that led out to the stadium. She swallowed her nerves once she heard Present Mic started to speak. Adjusting her gloves, she looked forwards, a look of determination on her face.

"Everybody, sorry for the long wait!" Present Mic exclaimed. "The stage that was frozen in the second match is finally dry, so, onto the next match!"

Ayano had started to make her way towards the stadium, the flams igniting once her foot hit the first step.

"The ice princess from Class 1-A! Her body may be cold to the touch, but she sure has a warm heart! From the Hero course, it's Hyida Ayano! Versus— Sparking killing Boy! From the Hero Course, it's Kaminari Denki!"

The crowd cheered, and Ayano glanced at the stands, seeing her parents causing a commotion with their cheering as they held p a sign for her.

"Now, we'll have a super flashy battle this time too, so hold onto your seats everyone!"

Ayano smirked, and she looked at the cocky grin on Kaminari's face.

"Alright! Start!" Present Mic shouted.

"When this is over, wanna grab a bite to eat?" Kaminari asked. "I can comfort you when you loose, cause this match'll be over in a second!"

Ayano looked at him, "Aw, how sweet, you think you'll win." She taunted, watching as he started to surround himself in lightning.

"1.3 Million volts!" He shouted, brining his hands in the air.

Ayano brought her hands down, Guess I should test out this new feature, huh? She thought to herself, after the whole USJ incident, Ayano had to have her costume repaired by the support course students, when she had gotten it back, there was a note saying that they had added something to aid with her quirk. Pressing a button just below the palm, water gushed out of Ayano's gloves, she moved her hand from the ground to the sky, the water gushing out as she did so., making a wall of water in front of her. With one swift motion, Ayano touched the water that was still in the sky, and she watched it freeze, making a wall of ice to protect her from the lightning.

As she expected, the lightning made it's way to the ice wall and it shattered in millions of pieces, leaving Ayano standing completely unharmed. With that, she saw that Kaminari was stumbling around, almost as if he were drunk. She assumed this were his drawback if he used his quirk too much.

Ayano ran up to him, not wanting to waste time touching to soles of her boots to freeze them, and ran past him, pressing the button again and water gushing at his feet from one glove, and she used her free hand to freeze his shoes to the ground. In order to reach his feet, she had slid on the ground, stopping mere inches away from the edge of the arena.

"It was decided at an instant! I'll say that once more, and Instant!" Present Mic announced over the cheering crowd.

"Hyida advances to the second round!" Midnight shouted, and Ayano stood up, a grin on her face as the crowd started cheering.

As Ayano walked off the arena and out of the stadium, he managed to overhear some of the hero's talking.

"That one's quick on her feet." One of the hero's noted, "That seems like a good thing to have for her, since her quirk seems to require he to touch the desired target."

"Her ice is strong too, it blocked the whole of the lightning that was sent her way." Another hero observed.

"Some quirks don't work too well against others, I guess ice counters lightning." Another hero said. "Though if she had been a fraction slower, that lightning would of been conducted by the water that was shooting out of her glove. She would of been out of the match in a matter of seconds."