Chapter 23

As Present Mic went on a whole speech about her class, Ayano found herself looking around the stadium, seeing two familiar faces cheering along with the crowd in the hero section.

She sweat dropped at how excited they were, Kisa having a wide smile on her face as she was jumping up and down in the seats, shouting with joy.

"They haven't been getting as much airtime, but this class is also full of talent!" Present Mic exclaimed, and Ayano looked over towards another crowd of students walking into the stadium. "Hero Course, Class 1-B!"

"Next up, general studies Classes C, D, and E! Support course, Classes F, G, and H, are here too! And business course, Classes I, J, and, K!"

More students walked up onto the field, and Present Mic announced that finally all of the first years were on field.

From behind her, Ayani heard muttering from the general studies class, mostly about them only being there to make the other classes look better.

Though moving her gaze from the other classes, and up at the front podium, seeing Midnight standing there in her Superhero costume.

Time for the player pledge!" She exclaimed, getting the attention of everyone.

"What is Ms. Midnight wearing?" Kirishima asked, and Ayano had to agree, the outfit was a bit... Interesting for a high school festival.

"That's an R-rated hero for you." Kaminari stated.

"Is it okay for her to be at a high school even though she's R-rated?" Tokoyami asked.

Next to her, Mineta seemed like he was about to explode any minute, shaking as he was staring up at Midnight.

"Quiet, everyone!" Midnight exclaimed, silencing most of the stadium. "Representing the students is Katsuki Bakugo from class 1-A!"

Why do I feel like this isn't going to go over well. Ayano thought to herself as she sighed and crossed her arms, watching as Bakugo made his way up to the podium, and around here, there were some whispers, a girl from the general studies course made a snide remark about how he was first in the hero course, making it obvious that she wasn't much of a fan of them.

Once Bakugo made his way to the podium, there was an eerie silence as everyone waited for him to speak. Though, in a way, everyone expected him to say what he did.

"I pledge, that I'll be number one."

I knew he'd say that... That egotistical idiot. Ayano thought, scratching an itch on her cheek as her classmates freaked out, and everyone in the First Year class started booing him.

"Why are you doing something so disgraceful!" Iida shouted over the noise.

"At least become a nice bouncy step for me to jump off of." Bakugo said, and Ayano walked forwards to stand next to Iida.

"Like hell that'll happen." She said, her arms crossed as she looked up at him, her eye narrowed.

"How overconfident can you get?!" Someone exclaimed from behind Ayano, and she turned around, seeing someone angrily glaring at Bakugo. "I'll crush you!" He shouted, around him, people were agreeing, and Ayano just stepped to the side as Iida tried to scold him.

After the commotion died down, Midnight was back at the microphone, "Now, let's get started right away!" She exclaimed, a wide grin on her face. "The first game is what you'd call a qualifier! Every year, many drink their tears here!Now, here is the fateful first game!" She moved her hand and a screen appeared behind her, shuffling through what Ayano assumed was games that could possible happen. "This year, it's- this!"

On the screen behind her, The words 'Obstacle Race'.

"All 11 classes will participate in this race." Midnight explained, "The course will be the outer circumference of this stadium-- about four kilometers. Our schools selling point is freedom!" She licked her lips, a smile on her face, "As long as you stay on the course, it doesn't matter what you do! now, take your places everyone!"

First game is a race. I'm not that good at running, but I think I'll manage. Ayano though, following everyone else to the starting point.
__________________________________
Hope you sinners all had a great New Year! I did, decorated a gingerbread house with my fam! (I can post a pic later if you guys want. we go... very extra on them)

-Sin

Anyways (You don't have to read this, it's not anything relating to the story), I want to say something, at 12:00 HST (Hawaiian Standard Time) So, 3:00am for me, one of my old favorite YouTubers archived all of his videos. I'm only saying this because he was the YouTuber that got me to start writing, if it weren't for him or his team... I would of never published my first ever book on Wattpad, and I don't think I would of ever become Sin.

So, I have to thank him, even though he'll most likely never see this. Thank you, Sky, or, Adam now I guess, for introducing me to the world of writing. I will always be a Sky Army Recruit.