Chapter 54

A day or two had passed after the final exams, and Ayano was sitting in her desk watched as the students who failed the practical and written exams mourn— rather dramatically if she had to admit.

"E-Everyone, I'm looking forwards to hearing a-all your stories of how camp was." Mina said between small sobs.

"Maybe they'll end up letting you go. There might be a list minute twist or something." Izuku said, making an attemp at cheering them up.

Knowing this school, that's probably what's going to happen. Ayano thought with a sigh, looking towards the door as Aizawa threw it open, a slightly annoyed look on his face as everyone scrambled to their own desks.

"Once the bell rings, you should be in your seats." He scolded before walking to the front of the room and looking at the now silent classroom. "Morning. Unfortunately there are a few of you who did not pass your final exams. So when it comes to the trancing camp in the woods," he paused, his signature forced-looking smile appearing on his face, "Everyone is going!"

"We really get to camp?" Kirishima asked.

I knew it. Ayano sighed, resting her head on her hand.

"Yeah, the good news is no one bombed the written exam, five failed the practical— badly. Two teams of course. And Sero failed as well."

"Wow. Laying it on hard, teach." Ayano said with amusement.

"Allow me to explain." Aizawa continued after glancing at Ayano, "For the practical battles the teachers made sure to leave a way for the students to win. Otherwise you would of never stood a chance. We were interesting in observing how each of you worked together and approached the task at hand."

"But didn't you promise that the teachers wouldn't be holding back?" Ojiro asked.

"That was just to get you on edge. Besides the tenant camp will focus on building your strength. Those who failed need those lessons the most. We're not going to separate you. That was just a logical deception we used."

Ayano had to keep back some laughter. She didn't know why she found it so funny, but hearing the words 'logical deception' made her think back tot he first day, not to mention to reactions of everyone around her made her want to laugh even more.

"Mr. Aizawa this is the second time you've lied to us! Aren't you afraid we'll loose faith in you?" Iida asked suddenly, his hand raised straight up into the air.

Ayano couldn't help but let her laughter out, causing everyone to look at her. "Oh my— Tenya, you really are uptight!" She wheezed, banging her fist on the desk.

"Miss Hyida. I would appreciate it if you remained silent." Aizawa said, and Ayano placed her hand over her mouth.

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry." She said, making an attempt to restrain her fit of laughter.

"Anyways, I'll keep that in mind. But I wasn't lying to you about everything. Failure is failure," his gaze moved to the celebrating kids who had failed their practical. "We've prepared extra lessons for the five of you. Frankly they'll be far tough than what you'd of faced at summer school."

"Aw man." Mina muttered, her cheek attitude seeming to of disappeared in an instant.

"I was really hoping they'd of forgotten about that." Kaminari said.

"Like they'd forget about fails here." Ayano muttered.

By the end of the day, Ayano was packing up, ready to head out.

"Guys, since we're off tomorrow, and we finally finished exams I have the best idea! Why doesn't class 1-A go shopping together!" Hagakure suggested, and Ayano looked at the rest of the class, watching with dread as they all accepted.

Aw man, I really wanted to stay home and relax. She thought. But, I guess... this might be fun, besides, I need to buy some stuff for this trip too.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The next day, Ayano met up with the rest of the class, she had chosen to wear a simple white and blue hoodie, some jean shorts, and some tights.

"Aren't you dressed a little warmly for this weather?" Mina asked, looking at her with curious eyes.

Ayano shrugged, "Not really. This is normally what I wear in the summer."

"I think it's still pretty hot. The most modest girls have the biggest boobs, you know." Mineta said, placing a hand on his chin.

"One, that's absolutely disgusting, two, where the hell did you even hear that, and three, you are absolutely wrong—pervert." Ayano said, looking at the grape perv with an icy glare, a cold gust of wind seeming to make everyone in the group shiver.

After everyone showed up, they all decided it would be best to split up and meet up back int he same spot they were at now at 3:00.

Some people decided to go in pairs, while some went alone, including Ayano. She might of come to the event today, but if she didn't have to spend time with others, she would be more than happy.

Walking though the mall, something caught the corner of her eye. Looking over towards a small space between two stores, she saw a man with a familiar shade of blue hair.

"Dad?" Ayano muttered to herself, this mall wan't in the area he patrolled— nowhere near it. If this wasn't where he patrolled, then why was he here? Walking towards the figure, Ayano started to push through the crowd. She was gaining on him until he just vanished. Standing still, she stared into the small alley. Shaking her head, she turned around, throwing one last look over her shoulder before walking away and not turning back. If that really was her dad, why was he here?