Chapter 51

In the following days after the announcement of the Final exams everyone had started to study. One afternoon, Ayano sat at her desk studying. Until her phone started to ring.

"Yeah?" She answered, the other person responded and a look of realization appeared on her face. "Oh, Todoroki! The turning secession, right! I'll head over right now!" There was some more muffled words and Ayano hung up her phone.

After grabbing her wallet and her hoodie; sliding it over her tank top, Ayano headed down the stairs and towards the front door. Both her parents were gone with work so she had to lock the front door before she left. After turning the key in the knob, she placed it in her pocket for safekeeping.

Turning away from her house, she walked towards the station.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Stepping off the train, Ayano found herself walking to a park— of course, it wasn't a normal play park. It had a section of it where U.A students as well as other students in hero courses at other schools could go and train their quirks.

Heading to the section, Ayano spotted the familiar duel haired boy standing in front of one of the small arenas.

"Hey Todoroki!" Ayano greeted once she reached him. "Thanks a bunch for agreeing to train with me." She said, a small smile on her face. She had to be honest with herself, she was almost expecting him to say he was busy when she first asked him about it.

"No problem. I was hoping I could get some practice in as well." Todoroki answered plainly.

Ayano nodded, "Right, should we head in? We only have this arena for a limited time."

Todoroki nodded and the two headed to the gate, scanning their ids at the entrance and walking in.

After preparing themselves and taking places on the opposite sides of the arena the two were ready.

"Alright, now jut shoot your ice at me and I'll try to redirect it as fast as I can." Ayano said, and she saw Todoroki nod. In an instant, a wall of ice sped right towards her, and Ayano placed her ungloved hands out. Once she felt her fingertips make contact with the ice, she activated her quirk. After getting some push I back, she managed to get the ice to curve upwards.

The ice stopped moving and Ayano glanced back to see that she was mere inches away from the edge. "Alright, again!" She shouted. "I want to see if i can do it before I get pushed back too much!"

Nodding, Todorki shot out another stream of ice.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

It had carried on like that for two hours, and the two finally decided that it was time to take a break.

They were sitting in the middle of the arena, shattered ice scattered around them as well as some icicles that had stuck up on the top of the arena's small dome.

"Do you have to touch the ice to manipulate it?" Todoroki suddenly asked breaking the silence between the two.

"Touch...?" Ayano started. "I don't know... I've never tried it before." She placed down the drink that was in her hand and looked at one of the icicles. Reaching her hand out towards it and activating her quirk.

It took two minutes before there was any type of reaction. The ice she had her hand directed to twitched before slowly forming into a simple disk shape.

"Woah..." She stated, her eyes widening in awe as she looked at the newly formed ice. "Hey, Todoroki, when we start practicing again I'm gonna try to manipulate the ice before it even reaches me!"

Todoroki looked at Ayano and nodded. "Alright." He said.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

By the time the two were done training, it was early evening. They walked out of the training dome.

"How about we grab a bite?" Ayano suggested. "I don't know about you, but after all that training I feel like I could eat ten horses."

"I have to get home. Sorry." Todoroki stated, and Ayano looked back at him.

"Ah, don't apologize, I totally understand. I'll see you at school! And Todoroki before you go, I'd just like to say that I really enjoyed treating with you today."

"Yeah. It was nice." Todoroki admitted just before the two parted ways, Ayano heading into the town and Todoroki heading back to his house.

Walking through the streets, Ayano looked for a good place to eat.

"Oh! Hyida!" A voice exclaimed.

Turning around, Ayano spotted Iida jogging up to her.

"Oh, hey Iida! Funny seeing you here." Ayano greeted.

"I could say the same to you. What brings you here?" He asked, a small smile on his face.

"I was just going to grab something to eat, would you care to join me?" She invited, pointing towards a nearby sushi restaurant.

After thinking for a second, Iida nodded. "I don't see why not."

Ayano smiled and the two of them headed into the sushi restaurant.

Once inside the two of them took a seat at the conveyor belt.

"So, training for the practical exam?" Ayano asked, noticing his athletic outfit.

Iida nodded, "I can only assume you were as well?"

Ayano nodded. "Yeah, I just finished training with Todoroki." She said, a smile making it's way to her face. "It was really intense, but I managed to improve a lot from just today." She grabbed a plate of food.

Iida looked at her, "I'm glad to hear that."

Ayano nodded, and the two continued to talk as they ate.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

After they ate, they paid for their meals and exited the restaurant.

"Well, that was really nice, thanks for joining me Iida." She said. "Though I'd better get home. I have a bit more studying to do before I the written exam."

Iida nodded. "Sounds good. Well, I wish you luck."

"Thanks, and good luck to you too!" Ayano exclaimed and the two parted ways.

Today was nice... Ayano thought to herself as she headed to the train station.

___________
Hope you sinners enjoyed the shipping fuel!

I don't think I'll actually write a ship into this book (I'll add little shipping fuel parts though) But if you guys wanna ship Ayano with anyone, feel free! (Except teachers... please don't ship her with teachers...)

But anyways! This chapter was mostly filler with some quirk improvement, but I hope you enjoyed it anyways!

The training idea what suggested to me by: @amirathine

-Sin