XIX

Inertia Louis
"So dear tell me what is it that is bothering you?" My therapist asked.

"I don't know. There are so many small things that are adding up and I don't think I can take it."

"Go on, one by one." She suggested.

Slowly, I told her about Blake, Ren, Zach, my business everything. She heard everything carefully not making any effort to speak. After I finished speaking she sighed. I searched her eyes for a judgemental look but it wasn't there. In fact there was an empathetic glance.

"I'm guessing you had a way of dealing with all this until now?" She asked.

"Yes, I was on alcohol." I said.

"And?" She asked.

"Sex." I said.

"Are you sure you've told me everything?" She asked.

"Sleeping pills, to help me sleep. I need overdosed though."

"I think you're the most open patient I've ever had. Generally people who come here have an acceptance phase first but looks like you've already accepted you deal."

"Reality dawned on me today. When my partner Blake asked me to come sober to office today and I saw the files and stuff with my companies, I realised what an idiot I have been. But my question is, how do I get out of this?" I asked.

"Okay, the alcohol we have to stop completely. You have been on it for a few weeks now so we go directly to a full stop. Also in the meantime I want you developing actually relationships. In fact start dating."

"Dating? My business is going down. I can't even think about dating right now." I said.

"That's the problem. In this state, there's no way you can help the business. So it's better that you get better before you get back." She said.

"Okay... Yeah." I said.

"And that Zach guy. You like him don't you?"

"Yes. I kind of figured it out very late though. He hates me now. I was an ass to him."

"Get him back."

"What? How?"

"Inertia I have known you for a while now. You're a great person. You love challenges and you cant be okay without  having something  to do. Take this as a challenge you have to get him back."

"Yeah, okay. Makes sense."

"Great, when do you want to book a next session for?" She asked.

"Ill call. I'll book a session on my after I have Zach back." I smiled.

"That's the sprit."

******************************************
I went back to office the very same day and saw Zach going to the printer room. I stood at the door and watched him work. Why did I reject him again? Right I was an idiot and Ren opened my eyes. Okay yea, so mission Zach beings.

"Hey... Xander." I smirked.

"I'm Zach, I think you got the wrong person."

"No, it's you I want to talk to Xander." I said walking close to him.

"I'm sorry ma'am I work here." He said moving away.

"Shhh." I said placing a finger on his lips.

"W---what..."

"Don't worry, just relax." I purred.

"I------"

"I like so much Xander. The desire is killing me." I cooed.

"This is inappropriate." He gulped.

"I define appropriate here Mr. Miller. This is my office after all." I kissed the corner of his mouth and he gasped.

"We shouldn't be doing this..." He said.

"Well okay then." Placing one last light kiss on his nose, I pulled back.

"See you later... Xander."

Oh the look on his face! Hope bubbled within me because I knew he cared! If he cares it means he still life me. I can hold onto that. So, since I was in a good mood I called up all my second in commands for all my businesses to take over for a while and didn't tell them the reason way. However, sorting out the paperwork cost me the entire day. Daym you business. Then I paid Blake a visit.

"Oh my my. To what do I owe this pleasure?" Blake asked.

"Well, how about we get dinner?" I asked.

"You're playing with me?" He asked.

"No! Strictly as friends. I'm taking a holiday from using my brains so."

"Well okay then. But wait, how about we stay in and watch all Final Destinations and eat Chinese?" He asked.

"That sure sounds like a better plan." I agreed.

Blake ordered the food and I made him promise that we would split the bill. Then we set the sofa of his living room so that we could get comfortable and I put Final Destination 1 in the DVD player. We both sat down with a bowl of popcorn and I played the movie.

"So, how come you're not working?" Blake asked.

"I'm on a... Break." I shrugged.

"Woah... Since when do u take breaks?" He asked.

"Since today?"

"Care to give me the details of the reason for this change?"

"Blake you're my first friend however stupid this sounds. I've never had people to talk to before. So, I'm going to tell you everything but just promise me you'll never break my trust. I know I sound like a teenage girl but it's the first time I'm letting my guard down. Can I trust you?"

"Inertia, first I am your friend and then your business partner. You can trust me because I would trust you with my life." He smiled.

"Okay, you remember how Zach and I had this problem?"

"Yeah.."

"Well it all began from there. I went to this party and I had a one night thing with him. He wanted more but I didn't believe in serious relationships. Then you and I made a business and I met Zach once again. I lost it. I hated his guts. In the meantime my sister got a boyfriend and I got overprotective cause she's my only family. Then we had the new york trip where we dated for like a week and on the very same trip I kinda slept with Zach again and well in the morning told him that it was a one night thing again. This time only he stopped chasing me. Then I ended things with you out of guilt. After that when we returned my sister left me for her boyfriend and I saw Zach with Cassie. I realised I like him and everything was just wrong so I got I to a lot of drinking and sex. Later you made me realise I'm ruining myself so I saw a therapist and here I am following her advice."

"You slept with Zach when we were seeing each other?" Blake asked.

"You men and your ego issues. I ranted out my life to you and that's what you pick out?"

"Okay okay sorry."

"Anyway we weren't a thing yet. We only went on like 2-3 dates." I shrugged.

"Okay I'm going to be mature about this." He said.

"Thanks a lot."

"Wait... You like an employee?!" He smiled like an eight year old on sugar.

"Yes." I blushed

"Oh my god! I totally ship you guys!" Blake said.

"Why thank you highschool girl."

"Okay, I have an idea. We will go for a team bonding trip for 5 days. You and Zach can bond!"

"What about Cassie?" I asked.

"I'll take care of her." Blake winked.

"Your the best fucking man ever."

"Why thank you."