XXVI

Inertia Louis
The sleeping pills didn't wear off till 11pm. When means I woke up late. Great now I'm not even punctual at my own office. I really needy to pick up the pieces and get on with my life. I can't fucking be hungover every morning. Fuck the therapist, the advice and Zach. I'm better off on my own because that way no one can hurt me.

I do my usual morning stuff in a hurry and then go to my office. I've decided, when I enter the premises I'll be back to my old slef. Authority and control will be mine and I will achieve perfection but at the same time I'm not going to forget about the one friend I have made on the way. Blake will forever remain important to me because he has proved that he'd never hurt me. When I entered everyone was collected in the gathering area and clapping.

"To new heights." Blake said and then everyone started dispersing. Okay what the heck is going on?

"Care to tell me what's up?" I asked.

"Hello to you too." He said.

"Okay seriously what's going on?" I asked.

"First you tell me why you were so late." Blake asked.

"Overslept."

"I smell bullshit."

"It's not completely a lie."

"Well it's not the truth either so spill."

"I had a pill last night. I couldn't sleep."

"Why are you doing this to yourself? I don't get it... Weren't you improving? Then what went wrong?"

"You're overeating. It was just a one time thing. I'm not taking it again."

"As much as I want to believe you... Well anyway. We had to host a party for both your entire business industry and mine too. You know for the success and shit. Since you weren't there, you will be glad to know that I decided everything. The party is happening in four days and you're most welcome to join." Blake said and walked past me.

I had never felt so useless in my life. All of this over a silly guy. I couldn't afford this. I went directly to my cabin and looked at all the pending work... Fuck. Looks like the entire day is going to be spent in the office after all. Before starting however I decided to leave my sister a message again. I called her but it went to voicemail mail.

I started working and it took me the entire day to finish everything. I didn't even take a lunch break and kept working until it was time to close up. My secretary asked if I was leaving but I said no. I have nothing else to do so what's the point huh? When I went home that night, I was exhausted. Nothing felt better than a long warm shower. But good things don't last for me. After dressing up when I came into the living room I found someone on my couch. Someone I didn't want to see for the rest of my life.

"Mom?!"

"Oh my lovely daughter Ineria. Come on give me a hug!" My so called mother cried and rushed towards me.

"Stay the fuck away from me!" I yelled.

"This is no way to talk to your mother."

"Mother? You are fucking money sucking bitch! You ruined my father's life! I don't want you anywhere near me get the fuck out!" I shriked.

"Oh honey, don't do this. We're meeting after so long. We deserve some time together. I need to explain hinge to you."

"Oh no, no, no. I know everything I need to know Oliva Greens. I'm not falling for your tricks." I spat.

"I am your mother dear. There are no trick. I'm here for you." She said.

"More like here for the money!"

"Honey, please I know I shouldn't have left your father. I'm sorry for that. I should have been there with you and your sister but things can become normal now." She said.

"Normal? You are the reason my life is so fucked up. Don't think I have forgotten." When I said that, her face paled. She remembers.

"I'm so sorry for that Ineria. I was stupid. Didn't know what I was doing."

"You did that to your own daughter! How could you?! You watched as he used me! You're so pathetic."

"I want us to get past this. Please." She begged.

"The only thing you are getting past Oliva Greens is the front gate of my house. So now get the fuck outta her or I'm calling security."

"You leave me with no choice." Oliva sighed.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You're right, I'm here for the money."

"Well you're not getting any."

"That's the thing Inertia, you don't know me that well. You're a businesswoman and your reputation is everything to you. What happens if I ruin that?" The evil witch smirked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Oh you shouldn't sleep with your employees. It's really unethical." Oliva said handing me a picture.

It was a picture of Zach and I from our first hook up. I was on top of him my mouth on his. It looked like we were in a passionate make out session. At least it wasn't a picture of the sex I tried to tell myself but rage as burning within me. My hands clenched into fists and I gulped a lump down my throat. This can't fucking be happening.

"This is before we worked together. This won't spoil anything." I said.

"Oh I have many more than you can imagine. Two times huh? Or wait is it three? Trust me you wouldn't want your hot pictures to leak out." She shrugged.

"I am ashamed to call you my mother."

"Then don't. I'd perfer sister anyday."

"What do you want?"

"I want to stay in this house along with all the comforts that money can buy me. Do that and your pictures will remind where they are. Safe with me."

"Fine. But only if you tell me who got you these pictures."

"Well who else could it be?" She smirked and that was enough for me to know. Zach fucking Miller, you better sleep with one eye open.

"Where's your sister?"

"Probably somewhere she can't be found." I spat and rushed back to my room.

I pushed open the door of the bathroom and puked my guts out in the toilet. I felt sick of having such a mother. That fucking bitch how dare she! What the hell was I puking?! I haven't eaten all day! Anger surged through me once again and I broke everything in sight. My bathroom was a mess. I needed more, I needed to distract myself from this pain...