XXIII

Inertia Louis
"You won baby!" Cassie came and clinged to Zach.

I moved away composing myself. Cassie is his girlfriend... All this while I thought they aren't together yet because they declared their relationship to me but didn't complete the actual office deceleration procedure. By the angel, what have I been doing? I'm ruining a relationship. This isn't me. I don't do this. If he's happy with her I have to let him be.

"You okay?" Blake asked.

"Blake... I... I'm stupid to think he still likes me! What am I in high school? I own a group of businesses and here I am acting like an complete idiot! What was I thinking? Therapy, friendship, love, trips... These aren't for me Blake. My business is all I have, I have to go back." I said.

"No, no, Inertia. You can't do this. Just because Cassie has a nickname for Zach doesn't mean that they are in a relationship. How about we don't jump to conclusions. Ask him tonight. Your guys are in the same freaking tent. If he's really into Cassie then well you have no choice but to back off but if they're not together then there's hope." Blake said.

"One last time?" I asked.

"One last time." He confirmed.

So that night as decided, I talked to Zach.

"Zach, you and Cassie are in a relationship?" I asked.

"Since when are you concerned?" He said.

"Since you didn't completely declare your relationship." I said.

"Cassie thinks we're a thing but I have to tell her. It's mostly just sex."

"Oh." Relief set in. This feels good.

"I wish to sleep now. I'll go outside. It is only fair." Zach said.

"No, Zach we should talk. I haven't done apologies before but I'm actually sorry that I treated you that way. Can we start over?" I asked.

"Not this time. I'm not falling for it." He was about to walk out when I played my last card.

"The challenge. The one we started. Don't you want to finish it? Or wait let me guess you're the coward now." I smirked. He turned around swiftly and glared at me. I didn't budge and held my smirk. He had to give in.

"We will play. But remember you have one dare to complete."

"Oh bring it on." I smirked.

"Tomorrow, in front of everyone, you kiss Aakash." My smirk flattered hearing the dare.

"N--no."

"Scared?" Blake said.

"I fear nothing!"

"Then do the dare tomorrow morning before we leave here."

"Fine."

"Fine." He smirked leaving the tent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't sleep the entire fucking night. How the hell am I supposed to kiss Aakash in front of everyone and not make a joke of myself? There is nothing more I hate than people backing out of dares but if I do this I'm going to face embrassment of a life time. I thought about a way around this for the whole night. From finally next morning in the shower an idea poped in my mind... Perfect.

"Good morning." Blake smiled as he saw me at breakfast.

"Morning." I smiled.

"So, last night's talk?" He asked.

"They aren't dating. That's for sure."

"Told you."

"Yeah yeah I have bigger things to worry about."

"Like?"

"Well I have to kiss Aakash."

"Wait what?" Blake exclaimed.

"Yeah. It's a dare. The whole challenge thing. It's complicated."

"Okay... This will be really weird."

"I need your help. I need you to trip me when we go near Aakash."

"You're making it look like an accident?" Blake asked.

"Yeah." I smirked.

"That just reduces the embrassment though..."

"I'll have to settle with that." I shrugged.

"Okay then let's do this." Blake agreed.

As planned, I saw that everyone was present and walked next to Aakash greeting him. I looked at Zach who was standing a little away in the eye and he nodded at me. Oh Zach you don't even know my plan. Just then Blake tripped me and both Aakash and I tumbled to the ground and I managed to kiss him in the process. Everyone around me was frozen, even Aakash. Only Blake had the senses to help me up.

"I am so sorry!" I told Aakash.

"Did you guys just kiss?" Reha asked.

"I'm sure it was accidental." Aakash said.

"Of course. I really need to mind my step." I said looking at Zach. I could see his smug face for earlier was gone. However he did look impressed.

"I really think we should get going now. After all we have a business to attend to. Don't we Ms. Louis?" Cassie said.

"Of course. Come on everyone bags in the car." I said.

"Same rides as earlier so come on." Blake added.

"Well played Inertia." Zach said as I drove the car.

"I had to do something and I couldn't back out."

"I was expecting something tricky with you."

"Looks like I fulfill your expectations then?"

"You sure did." He nodded.

"What's the next game?" I asked.

"Wait for it."

"Hmm... I'd like that."

"Two days from now, Sunday evening. Be ready to face the next challenge."

"I want to change my end of the deal." I said.

"Me too." Zach said.

"Go on."

"I don't want a date with you if I win. I want us to be just professional. You leave me alone." Zach said.

"And I don't want you to leave me alone. I want you to give me a chance and prove that I really like you."

"Look at how the tables have turned." Zach laughed.

"I wish I accepted my feelings long ago. I had to lose everything to realise what I had. That thing we had in New York was pure feelings, I wasn't drunk one bit." I confessed.

"But your ego is huge and so you were playing the game you always do. That's your thing isn't it?" He said.

"It's no game this time."

"Oh but it is... And may the best player win." He finished.