XXXIV

Inertia Louis

"I need you to stay out of the house since now until tomorrow morning." I told my so called mother.

"And why would I do that for you?" She asked. If your wondering what I am doing, then I am at my house trying to get my mother to leave so I can host Zach's party here.

"Because I'm going to give you money for doing that. You can spend it in whatever way you like." I said knowing that money is the only things that will get her to do what I say.

"Okay then, I have to take care of some things anyway." She said. I handed her a lot of cash and she grabbed her purse and left. 

Once my mother was gone, I called Sky and Ren to come and do the arrangements and then called Blake to confirm the order for food. I made sure that all the best alcohol in the city would be served in the party. Sam confirmed that almost 30 people would surely make it to the party and there were about 5 others who weren't sure. I couldn't help but feel excited. That's when I realized it was nearly lunch time and Zach would reach his apartment anytime now! So I drove back to his apartment so I that would think that I spent the entire day at home. Once I reached his apartment, I also ordered his favourite food and set it up on the kitchen table since there isn't exactly a dinning room in his apartment. 

"Honey I'm home!" Zach said and exited the kitchen to find him taking off his shoes.

"Really?" I rolled my eyes at his foolishness.

"Hey! Don't judge! I have always wanted to do that." Zach complained. I hugged him and then pecked him on his lips.

"Lunch is ready." I said.

"You cooked?" He asked horrified.

"No Zach, I don't want to kill us. I ordered your favourite thing."

"Shit, now I know why I love you." He beamed and kissed me once again before we sat at the table to eat. 

"Oh by the way I completely forgot to ask, how did your interview go? Did you get the job?" I asked.

"Well they looked pretty impressed and they said they would call back." Zach shrugged.

"Don't worry they have to take you, I mean have you seen the glowing recommendation letter I wrote for you?" 

"I love you so much Inertia." Zach said.

"I love you too Zach." I replied.

We both spent the rest of the day in his apartment watching movies, eating popcorn and ice cream and snuggling into each other. That's what I call a day spent well. Side by side I also managed to coordinate with Sky, Ren, Sam and Blake about the party. I could say Zach was suspicious about something but I'm positive he doesn't know what I'm doing. Well let's just hope all of this works out well!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Zach, get up and get dressed." I said.

"Inertia, it is 11:00 in the night." 

"When I say get dressed can you not question me and get dressed?" I asked.

"No. Tell me why."

"Just trust me." I sighed.

"You know I trust you so now you trust me and tell me what it is." He said.

"If I tell you you won't come."

"I'll come with you whatever it is." He promised.

"Blake's hosting a party and we have to go."

"But I hate the business formal parties. Plus I'm not even working with you anymore."

"It's not formal. It is a casual party for friends." I said.

"I really want to stay in." Zach said.

"You said you're come whatever it was so stop being difficult and wear the clothes that are put on your bed."

"Fine but only because I love you."

"I know and I love you too." I smiled.

Zach got up from the sofa and changed into the clothes I picked out for him. What? I couldn't risk him looking like a doufus. Thankfully, I had brought myself clothes from the visit to my house earlier today. I changed into the black glittery dress that reached down my mid thighs and paired it with silver glitter heels and long dangling earrings. Deciding that today was the day for makeup, I went for the smoky eyes, lots of highlighter, bit of blush and nude lipstick. I felt like dressing up today. Grabbing my clutch purse and satisfied with my look, I stepped out of Zach's room.  

"Woahhh... and who might you be?" Zach asked.

"Shut up!" I said playfully and hit his arm.

"You it actually hurts when you hit right?" He asked.

"Awww... well suck it up loser." I teased.

"Real mature."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"By the way, where did you get that dress?" He asked.

"Oh I brought it with me when I had come over last night because I knew about the party."

"Oh... okay. Let's go." I sat behind the wheel of my baby and drove us to my house. When we pulled into the drive way, I could sense Zach's confusion. 

"I thought Blake was hosting a party. Why are we here?" He asked.

"I just need to grab something."

"Okay I'll wait here in the car you go get it."

"No! Come in with me, if I see my mother, I don't want to face her alone."

"If you say so." He shrugged. We opened the door to my house and there was darkness all around. 

"Why is it so dark?" Zach asked.

"Looks like no one is home." I said and both of us stepped inside.

Suddenly, numerous voices chanted, "one.... two... three.... MIDNIGHT! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACH!" The lights came on and so did the music. Confetti dropped on Zach from above and I waited for a reaction from him....