XXIX

Inertia Louis
"No... No... Not with Ren. This couldn't happen to her. No!" I cried out.

"The truth is the truth." Zach sighed.

"Where is she?!" I yelled/asked and that's just when my sister entered to room with food.

"Oh my god your awake!" She cried out in joy.

"How could you listen to that bitch?!" I asked.

"Umm... Am I missing something here?" She looked confusingly at Zach. Zach held back a smile and now I looked at him with a puzzled expression too.

"I'm just going to talk to the doctor." Ren said before leaving the room.

"Care to explain?" I asked.

"I may or may not have exaggerated the situation..." Zach said.

"In the sense?"

"Well for starters Ren isn't married to, and your businesses are completely and totally fine and you were in medical induced coma for 4 days..." Zach said and busrt out laughing.

All of it was a prank. Joy hit me like nothing before. Ren wasn't married to anyone! My mother hasn't gotten to her yet. Oh shit the relief. My businesses are in place and I can just freaking hope that my baby (car) is okay. Just as soon as he relief came, it was gone too. This time it was replaced by anger. My most experienced emotion. Anger towards Zach for messing with me when I'd just woken up from a disaster. I don't what he thinks of himself...

"Just because I woke up after an accident doesn't give you the rights to mess with me." I growled in anger.

"Look, it was a joke."

"You do not joke around with you boss Zach Miller. Moreover, what the hell do you think you're doing here huh?"

"I---I--- You were hurt and I---" He stuttered.

"Listen and listen good. You betrayed me, I can't fucking believe I liked you! You have broken my trust and I'm not giving you another chance. You should leave on your own now because If I get better and you are still here, I don't think I could resist putting you in one of the other hospital room." I warned.

"Inertia please just hear me out okay? I haven't done anything of that sort!"

"I am not Zach."

"Fine, If that is what you wish. I'll send Blake in, he has been waiting outside for you to wake up." I don't respond to him and he walks out of the room. He pretends so well that I actually saw an emotion in his eyes. Blake enters the room with coffee in his hands.

"You're a life saver." I say reaching out for the coffee but he pulls the cup back.

"You're on a lot of drugs, coffee isn't the best thing for you right now. This one is for me."

"Kill joy." I mutter.

"So what did you say that made lover boy finally go home and rest?" Blake asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked really confuzzled.

"You don't know? All this time when you were in coma, he was always at the hospital. He didn't go anywhere even once. All of us told him to go home sleep for a while and then come back but he didn't budge. Heck even Ren and I took shifts to go home rest for a while. He hasn't eaten properly in days because he was so worried about you! That guy loves you!" 

"Fuck." I curse.

"What did you do?"

"Told him to get lost in the rudest way possible." 

"You're a complete and total bitch."

"Yeah thanks totally helping." I rolled my eyes.

"Why did you yell at him anyway? Aren't you supposed to like him?"

"Look I am confused too. That woman in my house who gave birth to me has pictures of Zach and me together. If those get out, I'm going down. Zach gave them to her for money. That's why I was overloading him with work. I was angry at him but now I'm just confused. If he likes me, if he was here for me all the time, why would he do such a thing?" 

"You're an idiot." 

"Thanks, anything else you want to throw at me? I've just woken up from a coma you know. This is too much stress."

"There is no reason to be confused! You yourself told me that I quote 'the woman who gave birth to you' is a manipulative, disgusting soul.  Then why would you trust her when she says Zach did it?!" Blake says and suddenly a light bulb glows in my head.

"I have been so stupid! That woman manipulated me once again! I have yo go." I start taking out the needles from my arms and try to get up but the pain in my ribs flares and I fall back on the bed. 

"Woahh there. This isn't some movie where you can be cured by love and find your man. Your ribs are completely busted so calm the fuck down. You had to be put in a coma because otherwise the pain would kill you so think twice before you touch the needle that is pumping morphine into your veins." Blake lectured.

"Then what do I do?" I asked.

"Wait for a day or two. Let him get normal a for a bit. Then I have a plan to bring him here. hen you can talk. Okay?" 

"What would I do without you?" 

"Probably die." He shrugs and I smile. 

"Hey, how are you feeling now?" Ren says entering the room with Sky. 

"Better." I smile. 

"Okay, I'm going to go. Our businesses aren't going run by themselves." Blake says and I nod as he leaves. 

"I can't help but feel guilt that I caused this." Ren sobs.

"Hey, it is okay. You didn't do anything. I was being an idiot." I said.

"No, If you didn't have to protect me from that thing we call mother then you would have been fine."

"Glad to know we both dislike her."

"Hate is the word." Ren added and I smiled.

"I was worried that you would want her back because she is our mother and all." I confessed.

"What? No! I wouldn't do that to you... to dad." Ren held back a sob and we sort of half hugged.

"Hey Sky, how is it going?" I asked.

"Me? I should be asking you that. You're the one who just woke up from a coma." Sky said.

"Well trust me with all the morphine that is in my system right now, I feel just fine."

"That's great. I saw you when they brought you in. You looked pretty bad. Thankfully the impact was mostly to you ribs and there were no fractures or internal bleeding." Sky said.

"Well I'm glad I didn't die. But Ren if you ever leave me again..."

"Never again." She promised.