XXXII

Inertia Louis

"What do you want?" Zach asked.

"You." I cooed.

"Don't do this to me." 

"Do what? This?" I asked kissing his collar bone.

"Or this?" I said kissing his neck.

"Or maybe this?" I questioned kissing the corner of his mouth.

"Inertia..." He groaned.

"Accept it. Tell me what you want."

"I want you, right here, right now." He confessed.

That's all it took for me to lose control. I locked the door and cleared the table. Our clothes were on the floor in the matter of minutes and we were doing the forbidden in my cabin, on the table. It was blissful. It felt right in ways I can not describe. 

"I love you." I said.

"And I love you." Zach replied.

"We should get dressed you know. I can't keep my door locked forever." I smiled.

"You do realize we just broke all rules of the firm right?" Zach asked.

"Baby, I am the firm." I stated and we got dressed.

"I'm glad we made up but we need to promise each other that from now on, there has to be full transparency between us." Zach said.

"Yes, I promise." I agreed as he left my cabin.

"Could you ask Mr. Blake to be in my office please? Tell him it is personal and urgent." I said to my assistant via the intercom. Within five exact minutes, Blake was in my office.

"Do you wait outside my office all the time? How did you come in so soon?" I asked in amusement.

"My assistant told me Zach was in your office for more than 15 minutes so I knew something was up. Need a shoulder to dry on?" Blake asked.

"Well... not really." I blushed.

"Holy fuck you guys kissed in the office." Blake exclaimed.

"Maybe..." Now I was completely red in embrassment.

"YOU GUYS HOOKED UP! What in the Hades were you thinking?!"

"Lower your freaking volume!" 

"You guys hooked up?" He asked again.

"Did you just say Hades?" I re-asked.

"Answer me!"

"Okay okay we did." 

"And here I thought you were going to cry your eyes out... This is so dirty Inertia. Gross I can actually picture you two on that table... Ughh... Disgusting!" 

"How do you know about the table?" I asked. I never told him anything about the table.

"I guessed. Duhhh... Your things are all scattered." Blake rolled his eyes and I blushed once again.

"This can't happen again though. Not in the office." Blake said.

"I know... I don't even know how it happened the first time. I was just teasing him and then we ended up sleeping together."

"That's it! No more details!" Blake shut his ears and I giggled.

"Okay, let's get back to work yeah?" I asked.

"Yes and better establish some ground rules between you and Zach which should include no workplace sex." Blake said before leaving and I only laughed. 

Zach Miller

As soon as I left Inertia's cabin and went to mine and called Sam. Sam is my best mate since we met in school. Even after we graduated high school together and left for studying in different countries, we were always strong and close. 

"Mike, we had sex on her table in the office." I said over the phone.

"Crap." Sam reacted.

"It is a good thing right? She broke all her own rules for me." I said.

"When you see it that way yes, it is a good thing for your relationship but not for you job Zach."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Look man, I'm your buddy since we were 7 and you need to understand that this kind of shit always gets complicated in the end. She's your boss after all. Think what it would do to her reputation if everyone came to know that she's dating an employee." Sam said.

"Thanks man, I should think about it.

Mike really got me thinking. Is this really what I want? Do I want to taint Inertia's name just because she's dating me? I know she's struggled hard to get here. Being a woman and being the world's best business person is not easy. People just find ways to pull her down because she's a female. Do I actually want to be the cause of people raising fingers at her? No, if I have to choose between her and the job, I will leave the job. I can get another job because being with her is more important.

Inertia Louis

"I want to talk to you about something. I want to leave this firm." Zach said barging into my cabin.

"What? Why? Do you want a raise? Because I could give you that." I said.

"No, it is about us. I don't want our personal lives to affect our professional lives." 

"Zach, we're mature enough to keep them separate."

"We are but what happens if you have to yell at me for doing something wrong? Or when people find out we're dating?"

"I don't care what people think."

"Inertia in the future if I get a pay raise or promotion, I want to be able to be completely sure that it is because of my work. If I work here, I can't be sure of that, plus everyone will see me as the boss's boyfriend not as Zach Miller."

"Is this because we had sex at work?" I asked.

"Partly. None of that can happen. You and I both know it isn't right."

"Okay, I get it. Take your time. Work here until you find another job and then you can leave. I don't want to take any more risks with our relationship either." I agreed althogh I didn't think this was such an good idea.