Find her

This chapter and many more to come will be in Lucas's POV!

Right as Annie closed her eyes I knew something was going wrong with her procedure. I didn't see much, because the augmentators asked me to close my eyes too. I guess they began my augmentation too because I woke up in the cryogenic chamber.

I took the chance to look outside, and not seeing Annie I panicked. I tried to get the door to open, pulled the manual release but none of it worked! In fact, the release didn't even pull. That's when I noticed the cuts in my arms. I did get augmented. I remember Mr Jackson telling me it takes a while for our bodies to start working with the new muscle. I'm so... discoordinated.

"Annie! Annie! Where are you?! Someone let me out! Please! Somebody help her! Please.." I stopped. Sinking down in the little space I had, I made a revelation. They can't hear me from inside the chamber. So I just have to get out.

I gathered all my strength, and pulled the release.

Glass went flying as I kicked the door. "Annie!" I snatched the closest guard by the shirt, "Tell me where Annie went after her augmentation!"

"I-I don't k-know s-sir."

I dropped him. "Find out."

"Yes sir. Of course sir."