I woke up

Annie's pov this time

A certain someone came into my room quietly. As if they wanted me to be ok and wake up but not really. I heard a choked sob. Why is Lucas crying? Does he know I'm ok? I'm breathing. But I do need some help.

"Hey Annie." He paused. "I don't know if you can hear me. If you can that means your healing. That's good." I could hear a sigh. "Annie I really miss you. I need you to wake up." I felt a overwhelming amount of sadness. I needed to be there for him. Come on Annie! Wake up! Do it for Lucas! I could hear the heart monitor beeping faster. I'm going to wake up!

"Annie?"

I opened my eyes, and smiled. He was a nice change of pace rather than seeing men in white coats all the time. "Looks like your stuck with me." He cracked the brightest smile I've ever seen from him. He gripped my hand tightly.

"If I'm  going to be stuck with someone, there's no one I'd rather be stuck with." He said ever so quietly.

I have his hand a gentle squeeze. I scooted over on the bed to make room for him. "Can I take this off? I don't think you want to lay next to me while I'm in this." He said. I nodded. He took of the chest plate and the arm/leg guards to show he was in some sort of black jump suit. I couldn't help but notice how much taller he was, and how much wider his shoulders were now. And his body was definitely more defined.

"I know. It looks weird."

I hummed. "No not really. It looks good on you. Like you were made for the armor."

He got on the bed and sat next to me. "Do you have something to tell me?" He said with a smirk.

"We're already a couple you dork."

"I know. I just wanted to hear you say it." He laid down next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. And for once we felt normal. A normal highschool boyfriend and girlfriend.

Except we're not.. normal. But that's ok. I mean we're heros, we're supers. And that might mean that we're normal ever again, but hey, I've got a family and friends who will be there In a flash for me.

"What do you want to watch?"

I looked at him. We've been together for 5 months and you don't know how much I love Marvel? Oh I am wounded. So very wounded."

"Kidding. What movie do you want to see?"

I thought about it. "Surprise me."

"Alright then." He stood up and picked out one of the lesser known ones. Fantastic Four. It's a good movie. Dad and I watched it.

What would he think of me and Lucas? What would he think of me being augmented? Saving people? I just want to know.. He's still missing. One of the hundred in the small town I grew up in. Most have been found. Either dead or banged up a bit. But Dad is one of the last couple that haven't been found. I wish I could see him so badly. I miss him so much it puts me in physical pain. I wish someone could understand that.

I often get jealous of whole family's. With a mother and father and children. They don't know how lucky they are. Hopefully they won't ever have to go through the pain of losing someone you really love...