Augmentation

"Thompson?" Ben Grey was here. It's weird. I've only met him once. "Hey man what's up?" Well he seems nice.

"Uh well right now Annie's mad at me. I'm so stupid. We were sent on a mission, and uh I decided to play hero." I tapped the concrete with my fingers. "What are you here for?"

"That's why I'm here to talk to you. Me and Eve, we've decided to go through with the procedure, but in a year. The twins are still pretty small." His eyes lit up while talking of them.

"Yeah where is Eve? Eliot? Eliza?" I asked. Last time I saw them these kids were really small.

"With Annie." Of course that's where she'd be. "I took a look at her," I glared at Ben,"whoa man I don't like her Eve is the my love. So remember when her procedure went wrong? That's where they've left a niche. She's incredibly susceptible to this new drug." I couldn't think. I couldn't talk. They ruined her all because they couldn't give her the right stuff. It just means I'll have to protect her more. Be more careful around her.

"How about me?" I finally gathered the courage to look up and ask.

"You have no flukes. You're designed perfectly. Down to every gene." He paused then added. "I hope it will be that way for me and Eve." He sighed.

"You and Eve. How's that going by the way?"

"Good. Twins have taken I liking to me. Their super cute. Nice. I love them." He smiled like he was dreaming about all this war to be over      and was going to like a normal life after being augmented.

"Yeah sure sounds nice."

He smirked into his next sentence. "It sure is cap. It sure is.."