The lost teen she was

"You're so stupid Lucas Thompson! Take the tarrik and run while I set off smoke bombs? Oh oh and not to mention, half of their army was after you! Then, Claire's crazy father tries to kill me with, with, Claire what did he use on me?!"

"The sdp. Spartan disabling program. Meant to kill soldiers like us." I calmly responded.

"Yes with that! Then all I can imagine is you, and whoopsies my impulse control went out the door on the back of Annie and the tarrik! Smoke bombs Lucas! Like that's gonna do anything besides bother their eyes! What. Were. You. Thinking?" By now tears were streaming down her face. "You are one of the few things I have left in this world. My family has been destroyed by those things. My dad is lost, probably because of the aliens. And Claire," Annie gestured to me her eyes now red and raw, "Claire is one of us now. Her dad is probably mental, and Eve, Eve needs us. She's got her twins to look after. Her parents.." she trailed off.

Now was my time to intervene. I walked over and calmed her down, gave her hugs and reassurance that I'm not going anywhere and we're going to make it through. Then only did she start to rock. Like the lost teen she was, just looking for guidance. Yes eventually her sobs quieted to nothing and she was asleep. I brought her to my chest and lifted her off her feet, all while Lucas just stood there looking dumbfounded by Annie's truth.

"When she wakes up, I suggest an apology for you're impulse control going out the door on the back of Annie and the alien. I'll be back to help you in a moment, but right now I need to help Annie." And with its I walked out the door, Annie the lost teen in my arms.

Claire's pov