Prologue

DRACO:

I first met Carina Hadley when I was 11.

She crashed into me, a fireball of energy as she ran into platform no. 9 ¾ and slammed right into my back, her owl hooting endlessly as its cage crashed to the floor.

"Look where you're going would you?" I sneered at the dark haired girl, who lay smacked on her bottom, looking up at me in a daze.

"Draco?" my mother's voice called from beside me, as she fussed over me to see if I was hurt. It was while I was pushing my mother's hands away that she carefully got up and walked to her owl cage.

"I'm sorry." She said in a timid voice before turning around and walking off, getting lost in the sea of parents and students that dotted the platform.

*

CARINA:

I first (readily) spoke to Draco Malfoy when I was 11.

He was the one who ran to the Slytherin Table and plonked down next to me, smiling widely like all his dreams had come true, his platinum blond hair flopping down on his forehead and in direct contrast to the slicked back hair I had smashed into that morning.

"I'm Malfoy." He had introduced himself, his grey eyes shining, "Draco Malfoy."

"Carina." I had replied back, smiling back because his grin was infectious.

**

DRACO:
The first time Carina complimented me, I was 12.

It was after my very first Quidditch match, the one against Gryffindor when the idiot Lockhart had somehow made Potter's bones turn to jelly instead of fixing it.

We lost that match, and though I do this begrudgingly, I take the blame. I was too busy laughing to notice the snitch two centimetres away from me.

Flint never let me hear the end of it that night.

It was after the entire house had dejectedly walked off to bed, and the celebratory decorations strung around the common room, done in the morning well before the match, were forgotten too that I had found myself sitting cross-legged on the carpet before the fire. I had just assumed everybody had gone off to bed, it was pretty late, but I couldn't sleep.

"Malfoy?" a soft voice had asked, making me jump up and glare.

Carina stood there, a robe over her pyjamas, hair wild and eyes droopy. She stared up at me questioningly. "What are you doing up?"

"I could ask you the same thing." I had replied, sitting back down and facing away from her.

To my biggest surprise she plopped down beside me, sitting so close I could hear her soft breathing over the cackle of the fire in front of us.

"Are you sad because we lost?" she asked, looking at the side of my face, as I refused to look at her.

"What makes you say I'm sad?" I had sneered, still not looking at her, but I could feel her stare hot on the side of my face.

I felt as her shoulders shrugged, brushing against mine in the process, "Just felt like you are sad."

I hadn't replied, wondering why she was up and asking me so many questions.

It was after a few minutes, after she had stopped staring at me and started facing the fire too that I heard her soft voice whisper, "For what it's worth, I think you're a fantastic flyer."

All My Stars | Draco Malfoy.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara