Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Carina:

I woke up to warmth, like I was wrapped in a warm burrito and I instinctively smashed my face further into the chest I was sleeping against, hearing a muffled groan at my action.

I don't remember when we fell asleep, all I know is that I'm now sleeping on Draco's chest in just a singlet and underwear, while it is still dark outside.

A large hand wrapped around my head, wafting through my strands as Draco played with my hair, the muscles under my cheek moving at his upper body movement and I briefly wondered if he slept at all.

"Its 4:30 AM." His husky voice said, planting a kiss on the top of my head and I groaned.

"I don't even know where my room is." I muttered, the Manor was vast, simply put. And I have been resorting to calling Blinky for directions every time I have to go somewhere. Will he be up at this hour? Do house-elves sleep?

A deep throated chuckle sounded above me and I squinted, pulling up my head to look at Draco's, his eyes were still shut, "What?" I asked irritably, I was still very sleepy. It was not the time to mess with me.

"It's right next to mine." He said throatily and opened his clear grey eyes to peer up at me. "I don't think anyone will be up yet, so go knock yourself out next door."

"Uh." I murmured, detangling my legs from his as I tentatively took a step off the bed, yelping immediately, "Shit its cold!" I hissed, pulled my legs up and eyeing how far my shoes and socks lay.

Another low laugh came from the sleeping body next to me, "Yeah my carpet is being changed." He said, yawning, "Sorry about the tiles."

He didn't look sorry.

So I glanced down at the black and white swirling floor and cursed its existence. "I hate you, Malfoy." I muttered, steeling myself as I jumped down the warm bed and made my way to my socks, instantly falling onto the armchair it was lying next to.

"Shut the door on your way out, will you?" Draco's muffled voice came as he rolled over to other side, falling asleep the next second.

The room next to mine was exactly how I left it. With my old pair of clothes strewn across the armchair next to my open suitcase and the dark wood bed looking as inviting as ever.

While it wasn't as fancy as Draco's, I deduced, picking out a pair of shorts and a tee for bed, it did have its own rustic charm. With old dark wood furniture, which really just consisted of a wardrobe near the door leading to the bathroom, the bed near the window, an armchair facing the bed and a desk facing the window. But my favourite part about these rooms were the mini corridors. When you enter the room you are welcomed by a short narrow corridor, beyond which all you can see is the window wall. It isn't until you have walked through it that the proper room greets you. It gives you a sense of privacy at least.

Great, my bed doesn't smell like Draco. Just clean and lavender-y. Ugh.

"Rise and shine, darling!" a soft voice echoed around me as I blinked my heavy lids open. Didn't I just shut them? "Carina?" mum added and I slowly blinked her face into focus. It was glowing.

"What time is it?" I asked, my voice raspy from un-use and she sighed, setting something on the bed side table as she came to lightly part away whatever hair was still covering my face.

"It's 9, dear." She said, "Breakfast's in 15."

"What?" I asked, pushing her off and sitting up, frantically looking at the clock situated near the desk.