Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

Draco:

The platform was teeming with people, left right and centre as parents gave teary goodbyes to their kids and kids jumped from one leg to another waiting to board the train and start another year.

I sighed, as I followed my father through the crowd, absentmindedly wiping my new Prefect badge, God I hope Potter isn't the Gryffindor prefect. But the newfound happiness inside me on deciding what exactly I was going to make Potter do vanished as I realized that Pansy was the other Slytherin Prefect.

Great, maybe she'll break her own record of calling me 'Drakie Pooh' this year.

"Have you got everything Draco?" my mother's voice called, as we stood a bit away from the commotion of the platform having found a quiet corner for ourselves finally.

"Yes, Mother." I replied, running a hand through my hair, it was just 10:35AM why are we here so soon?

Just as I was about to voice my dismay a laugh made my words die in my throat, and we turned to see two people laughing as they came to stand a bit away from us, looking relieved at being away from the commotion.

Irritation instantly swept through me as my eyes landed on Carina Hadley, looking chirpy, standing next to the buffed up, Archer Medallion. He had her trunk held in one of his hands and had his other carelessly draped over her almost bare shoulders as they stood, laughing about something.

"C'mon it wasn't that bad!" her voice carried over to us just as clear and whiny as I remembered, I barely controlled the grimace that made its way to my face.

"You bit him!" Archer's deep voice countered, "You bloody animal!"

"Well!" Carina said, trying and failing to keep her voice down, "Did you want him to kiss me without my permission?!"

"You had braces," he contradicted, "He had to get tetanus shots, Care."

Braces?

"Yes I'll go for the family jewels next time" Carina sagely said, her shoulders carelessly shrugging.

"I've taught you well." Archer agreed, making me look over. They stood looking at each other with faint smiles upon their faces.

"Draco?" my mother said, diverting my attention back to her direction, "Do you know them?"

I opened my mouth to say yes, but faltered, remembering the last encounter I had had with Carina. She had helped revive me on the train-ride back home last year, after Potter had jabbed a hex at me. Then she'd turned around and strutted off calling, "I think we're even now, Malfoy" behind her shoulder.

"No." I said, shaking my head to get rid of the memory. My mother opened her mouth to presumably ask another question when Archer beat her to it

"Take care of yourself this year, yeah?" Archer said and I looked back at them, noticing how my father never took his eyes off them. He just glared at them with narrowed eyes, trying to figure something out. But my mother's eyes were scanning over Carina's outfit almost pityingly.

The red top she wore, hung off her thin frame, flaring out in an asymmetric curve as it was met by her ripped jeans.

What made my eyes narrow was the way the thin lacy straps that held the top up outlined how her collarbones jutted out against her skin. She looked thinner than she had the last time I saw her. Thinner, taller and tired.

"You take care of yourself too." She replied so quietly I had to strain my ears to hear it. Sighing I looked away from them again, facing the tottering children littering about.