Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Draco:

Dinner was halfway through when I finally got to the Great Hall, sometimes I really do hate being a prefect. That lasts for approximately one minute before I realise that it's the best thing that has ever happened to me. But, with my new prefect duties and being my father's spy, someday I will go insane.

"Shove off." I muttered to a scared looking Third year and took my seat next to Blaise, yawning in the process. It had been a long day and all I really wanted to do was sleep. 

"Care, why aren't you eating?" Daphne's voice broke through my sluggish thoughts and I stopped piling my plate up to glance at Carina, who was biting her lip, looking everywhere but at Daphne.

"I'm not hungry." She said, but stuffed a forkful of pasta anyway, satisfied Daphne returned back to her conversation with Astoria, leaving Carina alone.

It wasn't until Blaise got up and left, that Carina finally looked up at me, her face tired and sunk in, as if she hadn't slept last night. Which to be fair was right, we hadn't slept much. In retrospect I knew getting back to this arrangement was bad, downright toxic. It's almost laughable how we end up using each other to deal with our family problems. But my father had gotten more demanding with nothing to report to the Dark Lord, and with his monthly visit hovering over the Manor, I could not disappoint my father. Mother had fallen ill again, the stress was getting to her, with all the bed rest she was getting, the only thing she did was write me letters about being at the top of my class in my O.W.Ls year, but obviously that was easier said than done, because I stay up till 3AM almost all nights to finish my bloody homework now.

"Daph." Carina called softly, pointing to her now done plate and I looked up from mine. "I'm going to sleep early."

What? 

Her brown eyes then landed on me and she tightened her ponytail, before she got up, "You know Malfoy, it's been a while since we had some fun." She winked and my eyes bulged out of their sockets at her implication. How is she being so careless?

"Oh for fucks sake." Pansy groaned from somewhere next to me, "We had just gotten used to the quietness!"

Oh she should really see what's happening instead of the pranks now. 

Carina rolled her eyes at Pansy's outburst, "Get over yourself Pans, school isn't fun unless I make Malfoy's day the worst."

My eyes snapped up to her, a mischievous smile lifting her plump lips as she mouthed Later and left, sashaying down the aisle like she owned it, her honey blonde hair swaying.

"Draco-"

"Oh she won't do anything." I dismissed Pansy's grave concerns, "It's unlike Carina to announce her impending strike."

Pansy looked at me with disgust, "Why, oh god, why do you guys know each other so well?"

I shrugged, finishing my dinner before the food vanished. Once I had decent amount of food in my stomach, I had considerably calmed down. I was fed, the school day was over and I had nothing to look forward to but a blissful night tucked away in one of the castle's secret rooms.

All in all my night was looking better than the sluggish day and the sooner I got to my dorm the faster it would be, but I was stuck behind two idiots who didn't understand the concept of walking forward.

Weasley's redhead flooded my vision as he walked down with the mud-muggleborn, both of them arguing about something I couldn't care less, but obviously not moving fast enough.