Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Carina:

I sighed in exhaustion as I took a seat in Transfiguration on Friday, my eyes droopy with sleep.

"Wake me up when class begins, yeah?" I mumbled as I rested my head on the table, my eyes shutting automatically, now if everyone in class could just shut up, it would be bliss.

But of course, seeing someone resting is not what the universe likes, I was almost at the brink of sleep, having successfully blocked out the commotion around class when I felt someone loosening my hair tie, pulling it out of my hair completely.

My hands reached up to slowly feel my now empty hair, as I sat up in exasperation, "What?" I mumbled, my voice heavy with sleep.

"Shift to the last row." Draco's deep voice drawled, "Crabbe, Goyle, go sit in front of us." With that he picked up his stuff, and stalked off to the last row.

I rubbed my eyes, my mind slowly starting to put together what Malfoy said, and I looked at Daphne enquiringly, she shrugged as she picked up her stuff to go sit besides Zabini, "You're sleepy, might as well."

That was Daph, for you. She would even tell fucking Voldemort to go get some sleep if he looked exhausted.

I heavily sat down besides Malfoy a minute later, promptly folding my arms and resting my head on top of them, "Thanks." I grunted, and I could feel his shoulders shake against me as he laughed.

I don't remember when I fell asleep, but I woke up to someone softly running their hands through my hair, almost making me moan. But I stopped myself just in time, the class was dead silent and if I strained my ears a bit I think I could hear McGonagall's thin voice saying something that didn't quite make any sense to my head at that moment. So I stayed out, my head still down, sighing quietly as the hand didn't stop massaging my scalp gently.

It took me a while to figure out that the only person close enough to do that me would be Draco, and that thought was enough to bring back the memories of al the drugged up kisses we've had. Among other things.

But it was what it was, a drug, an illegal drug if you may, because it caused just as much harm as it did good.

Draco Malfoy gave me a high that made all the sneaking around worth it though.

And I was scared I was getting addicted to it.

"Crabbe! You idiot! Don't fucking move!" a cold voice hissed, and I instantly heard Crabbe's muffled reply but the good mood I was in vanished.

Draco's hand was no longer in my hair, and the class was starting to buzz again, I guess McGonagall was done explaining the spell for the day then.

"Carina?" Draco breathed in my ear, his breath hot against my head and I suppressed a shiver, moving my head just a fraction to turn towards him, "Jacques is going to deliver a mouse at the table, you need to get up."

Knowing Draco, there are bunch of things he would say just to screw with me, but the squeals around the class told me that there was some truth to his story.

I groaned lowly, and he chuckled, "I'm sorry I kept you up last night." He murmured in my ear as I sat up, not even bothering to hide his smug smirk as my cheeks heated up.

I kicked him under the desk just as a frightened looking Jacques came carrying a box full of mice.

"You okay, mate?" Draco asked, looking at him cautiously as he picked out a small mouse and held it in his hand, his big hands almost swallowing the mouse.