Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

Draco:

The Great Hall was bustling with students, all eager to get start their first day I'm sure, but my eyes swept over the Slytherin table looking for a Blonde who loved to be a pain in my arse.

I cannot believe she's going to back out of the deal so soon.

I'm actually disappointed, there goes my fun for most of the year.

Rolling my eyes I took a seat next to Blaise who was what I assume on his second serving of breakfast already, he gave me a curt nod and then went back to eating.

Taking a piece of toast, I pursed my lips, what was I supposed to do now?

There was no way I was going to go around declaring Carina had an eating disorder. It's one of those things I had come to terms with months ago. No matter what she does or who she is, I would never sell her secrets just because I hate her now. I don't even hate her anymore it's just irritation. Irritation that she would've been a really good friend if her mother hadn't gotten involved with a muggle. Not to mention, Carina Hadley was the only person who singlehandedly saved me from a lot of detentions over the years. She's cleaned up most of my messes. The least I could do was not out what I'm sure is a secret she doesn't want people knowing.

"Alright mate?" Blaise's deep voice penetrated my thoughts and I looked up just in time to see Carina and Daphne Greengrass take their seats opposite us.

I smirked as I saw the annoyance flicker across Carina's face, "Yeah, I'm alright." I replied to Blaise.

I watched as Carina eyed a piece of toast on her plate with distaste, then turned to Daphne with a pleading expression.

I snickered, eating my toast and Zabini elbowed me with questioning eyes, I inclined my head slightly to the scene in front of us.

Daphne looked mad, as she narrowed her eyes at Carina, hissing something lowly her. Carina for her part huffed and took a bite.

Then her eyes instantly landed on mine and I smirked, "Good day, Hadley?"

Her lips thinned, "The best."

Zabini then started to have a conversation with them in which I had no interest in so I tuned it out, eating my breakfast in silence as I eyed Carina from time to time just to make sure she had more than one piece of toast.

By the end of breakfast, Carina looked sick. And not for the first time, I wondered if she was coping with this in the right way.

But whatever concerns I had for Carina were soon replaced by my timetable being handed to me. "We have double Potions and Double Charms? That's got to be the worst Monday ever."

"C'mon mate it can't be that bad." Zabini said, though he didn't look convinced himself.

"Let's go then?" Carina asked, looking at us expectantly, "The pink mushroom awaits."

Daphne burst out laughing, and we slowly trudged our way to the DADA classroom.

*

"What do you reckon she's going to be like?" Zabini asked from next to me as we settled in our seats. I smirked as I saw Carina groan in front of me.

"Well," I said, "she's from the ministry so I reckon she knows my father."

Zabini nodded, and I saw Carina whispering with Daphne in the front, she looked thoroughly annoyed and I smirked wider.

Just as Crabbe and Goyle arrived, seating themselves behind me, still stuffing their faces with toast, a soft 'Hem,Hem' sounded from the doorway and we all turned around to see Professor Umbridge make her way inside the class dressed in pink from head to toe.