Chapter 7.

Chapter 7

Draco:

"It'll be well worth your time, Potter." I sneered as I confidently led them into the library.

"Malfoy." Weasel said, stopping midway, "We are not following you to the back of the library!"

Potter on the other hand looked curious, so I shrugged, "Aren't you even a little curious as to what Granger does in the library?"

Weasel looked flabbergasted, "She studies! That's what!" He said, turning around, "This is a waste of time."

"Ron." Potter sighed, grabbing Weasel's shoulder, "It's just 5 minutes, we can leave anytime."

"Why are you siding him?!" Ron asked, looking disgusted at the prospect. I just smirked.

Carina made me out to be joke, so it's only natural that I need to retaliate with something just as bad.

One of the things Carina accidentally told me back in third year was how she and Granger had become fast friends, their friendship was held together by their Pince stamped Library books of-course, but friends nonetheless.

Even back in third year, when I pointed out Granger's reluctance about informing Potter and Weasel about their friendship, Carina had brushed it off, saying Gryffindors and Slytherins had a bad history anyway, why bother.

Well guess I'm in luck now.

Putting a finger to my lips I led Potter and Weasel further into the library where a high-pitched giggle was soon followed by a request to quiet down.

"You cannot be serious!" Granger's annoying voice made it through to us, as both of them sat turned away from our approaching forms, but Carina just laughed again.

"Deny all you want Mione." She said in a childish voice, still laughing, "You know it's true, you like-"

So I cleared my throat.

And Carina's laughter died in her throat as her brown eyes met mine, before they moved to Potter and Weasel.

To their credit, they didn't look too shocked, just a bit, horrified.

I smirked, everyone knew how Carina never let any opportunity to insult Weasel go. Her being friends with Hermione just went against every code the trio ever had.

Granger shot off her seat first, looking pleadingly at Weasel, whose face was now turning paler, "Tell me you just ran into her."

"Just because she's sitting next to her doesn't mean anything..." Potter tried to say, trying to avoid the outburst that was going to follow.

"Didn't you see?" Weasel cried," She called her Mione! They've obviously been friends for a while!"

And as Potter and Granger winced at Weasel's tone, Carina seemed to snap out of her trance, standing up, "So what?" she asked, and even though I knew she didn't want to look offended, her tone kind of gave her away.

"You!" Weasel demanded hotly, pointing at her, "You forced her to talk to you!"

Carina turned to him, looking at him like he had lost his mind, "Seriously? That's a bit dumb even for you." Her tone however didn't sound like her heart was in it.

"Hermione." Potter said then, looking at Carina closely, "Ron, let's go."

"Harry no-"

But Weasel was cut off as Granger grabbed his hand and yanked him out of the library, Potter following behind both of them. But not before he almost saw Carina's face crumple into sadness.