Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Carina:

By the time I told Daphne about everything that had transpired between Malfoy and me, I was beyond pissed. I was so far away from the pissed meter that I was calm. For the first time I realised what Daphne meant by 'Calm before the storm'. It was maddening. The fact that Malfoy could play with my weakness so easily made me want to rip his spleen out.

I guess it couldn't really hurt much if I don't get caught, and besides most of the school would probably worship the person who got rid of Malfoy.

But thoughts of a crazy person aside, I still had to get back at Malfoy.

So with an annoyed huff, I silently trudged down to Potions the next day, awaiting Daphne and most of the class to make their way back from Divination.

"You look happy." Daph muttered as she spilled her things on the table we were sharing, "Is there a reason we're at the back? I can almost hear the Gryffindors."

I shrugged, "I can't be trusted around Malfoy today." I told her, "It's my second day, don't subject me to more torture."

She rolled her eyes, "Maybe we can stop by the infirmary?"

I shrugged, noncommittally, ready to change the topic when Blaise's loud voice boomed around us.

"What are you guys doing back there?"

I stared at him blankly, like I was going to answer that question in front of the full class, so I shrugged at him too and Daphne shot back a just cause.

"So any leads on how to get back at him?" Daph asked, as we set our cauldrons boiling, another Potions lesson, underway.

I paused, pursing my lips as my eyes flashed to the back of a platinum blond, "Not yet." I muttered, "But soon."

A loud cry sounded from behind us then as we looked around to watch as Ron Weasley was backing away from his bubbling red potion.

"It's supposed to do that Mr. Weasley." Snape's cold voice came from the front as he walked nearer, "Stop acting like a toddler."

I giggled, throwing a few crushed frog legs into mine, before a groan filled the class, this time from a voice I knew too well, a smile made its way to my face as I watched Malfoy back away from his angry potion, waiting out the estimated time it took to settle down after we added the mint leaves to it.

In my own intense stare-down with Malfoy's back, I had completely forgotten that I had my hand poised to add the mint leaves into my potion and my original plan to back away as fast as I can after that went out the window as my mind went back to the Malfoy-induced hate-coma. So when an angry bubble popped just inches below my face, I stumbled back with a loud cry. Causing a fit of giggles and laughs to erupt around the class.

I rolled my eyes, swiping below my chin to make sure none of the potion touched me, "Did you leave your brain back in your dormitory?" Malfoy's teasing voice pierced through the class, making me meet his smirk and challenging eyes head on.

I worked on keeping my face blank, "Took a page right out of your book, Malfoy. You should know what it feels like to walk around without a functioning brain all day."

A few of our classmates rolled their, smiling slightly at the usual hostility they were used to from us. It was just widely understood that we never got along.

But Malfoy's eyes narrowed at me, the grey in them sparking, but before he could open his mouth to retaliate, my hand shot up, "Professor I think my potion is done."