Chapter 2.

Chapter 2:

Carina:

"Good summer Hadley?" Blaise Zabini's voice called out from across the table and I looked up at him, giving him a small smile and saying, "It was alright, yours?"

"I had a good one too."

Nodding I turned back to Daphne and hissed in her ear, "We had to sit in front of Malfoy and his cronies?"

She gave me a look, "You want to sit at the end of the table like a pariah?"

I rolled my eyes, "Would've been preferred actually." I pointedly looked at Pansy seated on her other side.

"Say Daphne and Hadley," Blaise started again, "Where were you both sitting on the train?"

"Oh we had to scare a first year into giving us a compartment, because someone over here," Daphne looked accusingly at me, "wanted to sleep."

I rolled my eyes as the people around us chuckled, "It's not my fault if stupid people think breakfast in bed is supposed to be had at 4 bloody AM!"

"They were doing something nice for you Ri." Daphne scolded me, not for the first time today and I resisted the urge to smack her, also not for the first time today.

"It is not nice to wake someone up at 4AM, Daph." I muttered, looking away from her and towards the other half of the hall that was behind me. The enchanted ceiling Hogwarts boasted about was dark, as the noise levels in the Great Hall steadily increased.

When I was convinced people had gone back to their own conversations, and by people I mean everyone but Malfoy who was doing his best to ignore me as he sat in an animated conversation with Crabbe and Goyle, I turned back to face Daphne's narrowed gaze.

"Did Milo's left side pay for not being nice?" Daphne asked in a dangerously low voice and I instantly looked away from her gaze.

"Carina." Daphne spoke again, her no-nonsense tone making me reluctantly face her again.

I took a deep breath and continued with, "My toes may have made a teeny contact with his abdomen, mostly the left side, wasn't that big of a deal," I quickly rushed out, "barely lasted a second!"

"You kicked my boyfriend for making you breakfast?!" Daphne thundered and I winced as fresh eyes turned to us again.

I placed a hand on her shoulder trying to calm her down, "First of all, Milo did not cook shit, or I would've been carted off to the hospital with food poisoning. And second of all, he tickled me awake so I was just returning the favour."

Daphne's mouth fell open, "You woke me up at 4AM the day I was leaving!"

"Daph..." I tried, "I did that because I love you!"

That was lie, I had woken her up at 4 because I was bored and couldn't sleep.

"You absolute, annoying, crazy-"

But I cut her off saying, "I'm sorry okay? Drop it!"

She huffed, looking put out but relented by shrugging, "Guess Milo's gotten weak."

I cracked a smile, nudging her with my shoulder and laughing.

"Who woke who up at 4AM?" Pansy enquired looking at us weirdly and it was then that I realised that the people around us were looking at us curiously. I guess you tend to learn to ignore it after a few years. This definitely wouldn't be the first time people have been more interested in our conversations than in their food.