Chapter 21

Chapter 21:

Draco

It's not every day you expect yourself to actually want to see the person you claim to hate. But with how the past month has turned out, I think I'm man enough to admit that maybe seeing Hadley wasn't so bad. As demonstrated by the happy surprises I get whenever she pops up in my periphery in the many school corridors. One that just happened to be right now.

"Hadley." I drawled, "Let Smith go."

Apout immediately settled on her otherwise pissed face a she looked up at me, but kept her hand on Smith's wrist, holding him in place, with his arm twisted behind him, his front plastered to the wall, and his face red and fuming.

"But-"

"Let him go." I interrupted her and she very reluctantly loosened her hold on him, but the colour on his face was darkening by the second, his head filling with enough air to explode like a balloon and as comical as it would've been I did have to intervene.

"You little-"

"Scram, Smith." I snapped at him making him shut his mouth at once before he could get anything else out and set off Hadley, "Don't push it." I advised coming to stand between them, scanning Carina quickly to see if she was injured, but apart from the angry flush on her cheeks, she looked unharmed, Smith on the other hand was one step away from emitting smoke out of his ears.

"Skedaddle." I prompted, turning to block his view of her and I heard Carina huff, no doubt gearing up to tell him off. But that just set him off instead, his red balloon of a face rising to tomato levels.

"Are you out of your mind?" he hissed, trying to push past me and get to Carina but his badly aimed jab didn't even stir me, "Did you see what she was doing to me-"

"He touched me." Carina snarled, poking her fuming head from behind me, her eyes blazing with a very clear promise of threat and I moved to cover her again. "I told you very explicitly!" she trilled behind me, "I told you don't fucking touch me-" she snapped, trying to get me out of the way as I simple turned around, wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her into me, laying waste to all her struggling.

"You are acting like a world class bitch, you know?" Smith sneered, narrowing his eyes at us, as Carina scoffed, "You both are sick and twisted and scare people with your stupid Slytherin snake tendencies!"

"Say that again, asshole." Carina hissed, going still against me and I tightened my arm around her, standing up to my full height and glaring down at Smith, "And I promise you, I won't even need my wand to kick your fat arse."

"You're a bully!" he shouted and I shook my head at him, but he just shifted his attention to Carina who was more his height, "You're just a bully with a hot body and I think I'm talking for everyone here when I say you're a bitch to other people-"

"Enough." I ground out, shaking Carina as she opened her mouth to retort, "One more word against her Smith and I-"

"Oh so you both are teaming up now?" he laughed, "I heard the rumour, but had decided to give you some benefit of doubt, Carina. But lowering yourself to Malfoy standards?"

Okay, that's it.

"I don't need to justify myself to you, pig." Carina snarled and I pushed her away, giving me the surprise edge that was shown on Smith's face.

"I warned you, Smith." I murmured, taking the one step separating us, to put us on arms-length, "Don't say another word about her." Stepping close enough to him to corner him into the wall, I continued, "But then you go ahead and insult me too?"