Chapter 30

This Chapter is dedicated to everyone who has said kinds words and appreciated this book and my writing. Please know you guys are my biggest motivators. 

Chapter 30

Carina:

"Stop." Draco murmured against my lips, but I dove in, pulling him back down with my hand on his collar, instantly silencing him. I don't know why he wanted to stop, previous experience has shown me Draco doesn't need to come up for air so soon, and if anything he pretty much hates talking.

"Why?" I murmured against his lips, feeling his arms tightening around my waist as he finally pulled us apart, his body still plastered to mine, but his face now rosy and not within kissing distance.

"We need to get out of here before someone catches us." He whispered, surreptitiously glancing at the deserted corridor. Well I knew we had to at some point, curfew will be upon us in a few minutes and I wasn't a Prefect unlike the idiot I was snogging.

"If we must." I said heavily, then reached up for another peck and stepped back completely, still warm from having his body so close, "We do have to talk."

That just got me a smug smile, almost like he was proud of what he did a few minutes ago at dinner. The gall on this guy, I swear.

"Don't even think you're off the hook!" I warned him, watching as the smile turned into a smirk before I turned around and started walking down the hallway.

"Well, if I remember correctly..." he started conversationally, falling into step right beside me, "You wanted to come out in the open to our friends-"

"Yes our friends!" I cut him off, halting abruptly, "Not the entire school! And definitely not in the Great Hall!"

The few steps he had walked before he realised I wasn't next to him took him almost to the end of the corridor, but when he turned around, his face didn't look smug anymore, it almost looked...happy.

Damn, Malfoy can pull off happy.

Should I be worried I've never really seen him this happy ever since that time in third year when he was told he was the best flyer in Slytherin?

But there wasn't a broom involved in this scenario and he still managed to look blissful.

"Well I thought it was time." He said, now walking back to me slowly, "Don't you?"

Something felt different. The thought of not having to look at him with Isobel or someone just as annoying plastered to his side was definitely uplifting, but then again that frustrating feeling from that night returned. The one that made me want to rip something to shreds at the thought of someone else having their hands over Malfoy.

What was it again?

Jealousy, right.

Fuck off, I like this ferret now, don't I?

I knew snogging him was poisonous.

Dammit.

"I don't know." I answered, being as truthful as I could, "What is it that we gain from this now? Now that everyone knows?"

He raised an eyebrow, now within touching distance, and my hands itched to run over his messy hair. "Carina?"

I pursed my lips, looking up at him as he towered over me, his scorching gaze on me, "Dray-"

"Carina." He cut me off softly, reaching up to smooth down some of my hair, "I think I went about this the wrong way-"

"You think-"