Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Draco:

I was the first person back to the dormitory after Charms that day and wanted nothing more than to just lie down and sleep until the next century.

Slamming the door shut, I sighed as the silence of the dorm greeted me. Now if only we could fix the smell of Crabbe and Goyle's socks, life would be perfect.

But as I walked to my bed, mumbling a few abuses here and there about the pig life Crabbe and Goyle led, I stopped. A new smell hit me in full force.

Oranges.

I instantly looked around then, taking in my surroundings intently for the first time. Nothing was out of the ordinary, except maybe the new smell and... "Nott?" I called, seeing his sleeping form curled on top of his blanket. He didn't respond, the rising and falling of his chest the only indication he was still alive.

My lips thinned, the shouting match Nott and Zabini were in just a few nights ago was outrageous.

There was definitely something wrong with Nott, but what are we supposed to do when the guy doesn't want to talk at all?

We can't just pour Veritaserum down his throat.

I took a deep breath, trying to shake the thoughts away, when the orange whiff lingering in the air came to me again.

And I know just the very person who uses orange shampoo like there's no tomorrow.

I immediately turned to my bed, shuffling things around it to find any evidence of what she had done, I wasn't stupid. I knew it would be bad.

She's on a rampage now that I told Zabini about her dirty little secret.

Levitating the mattress up in the air, I took a careful look under it, looking for anything out of the ordinary as my mind whirled with the different possible ways in which Carina could get back at me.

Itching powder in my robes or blanket?

No she did that last year.

Dragon dung in my shoes?

Horribly possible. But it would stink and hence be a giveaway.

I still inspected my blanket and bedside table carefully, not wanting to be surprised if anything jumps out at me.

It took me 15 minutes to scour every edge, nook and cranny around my surroundings and possessions.

Satisfied I heaved a sigh as I sat back on my bed, an unsettled feeling in my stomach. What the fuck did she come here for?

"Draco?" A sleep-stained voice called then, making me turn towards the bed at the far corner.

"Morning Theo." I called, surveying his sleepy form, he looked horrible. "What are you doing here?"

He groaned as he sat up and shaking his head in the process, "It's my dorm too?"

I tsked, "I meant why are you skipping?"I clarified, bending a leg to sit facing him fully. His blank expression didn't change as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

"Who gives a shit about Charms?" He muttered, standing up now, stretching a bit.

He did have a point there, but I still remember Nott's squeamishness at breakfast the other day.

"Theo?"

"No." He immediately said, his thin voice no longer sleepy, but strong as his eyes gazed back at me with a hard expression, I immediately put my hands up to my shoulders, telling him I didn't mean any harm.